Wierd printer prob. A7V333

the gnome

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bp53c1$ad0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> Used my HP OfficeJet R65 for more then 18 months with Windows 98SE,2000

and
> XP.
>
> Then suddenly it gave strange pages (one character)while printing and
> blocked with the message shut off printer in the daiplay of the officejet.
>
> Installing and re-re-re.. installing of windows (all 3 tried again and
> again) no improvement.
>
> The I used my note book (win 2000) no problem at all.
>
> What could be the cause?
>
> Printer port works in DOS with the R65.
> Pinter port works with Lap Link 3 under dos.
> New (PCI) printerport installed same problem! with one exeption for the
> installation I need to start the system, while switching on the printer on
> beforehand, now the R65 is automatically recognised but does not work!

Are you using the same cable on the different computers ?

the_gnome

Frank

Hi,
Used my HP OfficeJet R65 for more then 18 months with Windows 98SE,2000 and
XP.

Then suddenly it gave strange pages (one character)while printing and
blocked with the message shut off printer in the daiplay of the officejet.

Installing and re-re-re.. installing of windows (all 3 tried again and
again) no improvement.

The I used my note book (win 2000) no problem at all.

What could be the cause?

Printer port works in DOS with the R65.
Pinter port works with Lap Link 3 under dos.
New (PCI) printerport installed same problem! with one exeption for the
installation I need to start the system, while switching on the printer on
beforehand, now the R65 is automatically recognised but does not work!

Frank

Same cable in all cases
news:bp5cmj$sdv$(E-Mail Removed)...

recently wierd problem sp Abit 14 10-26-2004 01:00 AM
Help identify wierd reboot/crash problem ... ZigZag Master Abit 17 04-25-2004 03:40 AM
NF7-S wierd IDE contoller behavior ritaken Abit 2 11-06-2003 05:31 AM
Wierd problem with NF7-S 2.0 Dan Westin Abit 6 07-25-2003 10:49 PM
Re: A7N8X & PNY GF FX 5200 ultra wierd screen tearing BNR Asus 0 07-11-2003 06:10 PM