WIFI problems (TC1100)

Karsten Young

Hi

I've just got my HP TC1100 today!

Unfortunately i have a problem with my wifi connection. The wifi adapter is
an "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter".

When i click on the wifi network icon in the systray i can't see any
accesspoints.
Then i chose advanced and under "prefered networks" i've added my
accespoint.
After pressing Refresh the icon (under prefered networks) changes, and it
look like it have been found. But when i click Ok i still can't see any
ap's, given that i can't connect!

Karsten

Gary Tsang

Hi,

On your wireless access point do you have any additional security such as
hardware MAC filtering enabled?
If you do, then add the MAC address of your wireless network card to the
list so that it'll be able to associate with your wireless access point.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Karsten Young" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> I've just got my HP TC1100 today!
>
> Unfortunately i have a problem with my wifi connection. The wifi adapter
> is
> an "Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter".
>
> When i click on the wifi network icon in the systray i can't see any
> accesspoints.
> Then i chose advanced and under "prefered networks" i've added my
> accespoint.
> After pressing Refresh the icon (under prefered networks) changes, and it
> look like it have been found. But when i click Ok i still can't see any
> ap's, given that i can't connect!
>
> Karsten

Chris H.

First, go into Control Panel/Administrative Tools (in Classic View), then
tap the Services icon. Make sure Wireless Zero Configuration is enabled and
running.

Then going to the Start Menu and from their negotiating to Network
Connections. Have you used Create a new connection from there? If so
right-click the icon representing your LAN and select Properties.

Then go to the Wireless Networks tab, and make sure there's a check mark in
"Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings". Now go back to the
General tab and highlight in the center pane the listing for Internet
Protocol (TCP/IP). On the General page which opens, if your router is
serving up DHCP feed, you should have Obtain IP address automatically and
Obtain DNS server address automatically. If not, you need to check Use the
following. . . and insert the proper numbers.

OK your way back to where you have the three Wireless Network Connection
Properties tabs (General/Wireless Networks/Advanced) and go to the Wireless
Networks tab. Does your LAN appear in the list? If so, highlight it, then
select Properties.

You'll get three more tabs - Association, Authentication and Connection. On
the first tab, make sure the Network name (SSID) is proper. Under Wireless
network key, make sure you're listing the proper Network Authentication
(Open for WEP or the version of WPA your LAN uses. Enter the Network key,
unless you have the router to automatically provide it.

If you're not using WPA encryption, go to the Authentication tab and remove
the check mark from Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for the network. OK
your way back out completely.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC