Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Windows key for IBM A20m Thinkpad running Windows 98se

 
 
dk_
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Is there a way to add the 'Windows key' function to my IBM Thinkpad A20m
running Windows 98se?

Thanks.

-Dennis

--
Dennis Kessler
http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard Cole
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-10-2006, 05:55 PM
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 16:58:50 -0700, dk_ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a way to add the 'Windows key' function to my IBM Thinkpad A20m
>running Windows 98se?

Dennis

Ctrl + Esc simulates the Windows key when there is no Windows key.

Richard
Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ - caravanning,
http://www.rcole.org/ - personal web site and http://www.homeindorset.co.uk
because I loves the domain name for email.
--
....and so, as the mushroom gatherer of time plucks the toadstool of destiny,
and the toad of doom croaks with pain... - Humphrey Littleton closing comment
in I'm sorry I haven't a clue.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
dk_
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Richard,

Control + Exc doesn't duplicate all of the functions the Window key
function, but it does open the start menu.

'Windows key' + 'e', opens an Explorer window. Is there an alternate key
combination for opening an Explorer window?

Thanks.

-Dennis

--
Dennis Kessler
http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture


In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Richard Cole <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 16:58:50 -0700, dk_ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Is there a way to add the 'Windows key' function to my IBM Thinkpad A20m
> >running Windows 98se?

> Dennis
>
> Ctrl + Esc simulates the Windows key when there is no Windows key.
>
> Richard
> Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ - caravanning,
> http://www.rcole.org/ - personal web site and http://www.homeindorset.co.uk
> because I loves the domain name for email.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Richard Cole
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-11-2006, 08:08 PM
On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:01:05 -0700, dk_ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Richard,
>
>Control + Exc doesn't duplicate all of the functions the Window key
>function, but it does open the start menu.
>
>'Windows key' + 'e', opens an Explorer window. Is there an alternate key
>combination for opening an Explorer window?

Dennis

Not that I know of. Although no doubt someone will be along with a method
soon.

Richard
Web pages: http://www.caravanningnow.co.uk/ - caravanning,
http://www.rcole.org/ - personal web site and http://www.homeindorset.co.uk
because I loves the domain name for email.
--
My bum has been a bum for a very long time but I don't have to listen to
anything it says. - The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PCMCIA USB 2.0 Card and IBM Thinkpad A20m freeze dk_ Laptops 3 08-16-2006 03:42 PM
Q : Which Mini PCI Combo Modem / Ethernet on IBM thinkpad A20m - Ambit? Frank Laptops 2 02-09-2005 05:05 PM
IBM ThinkPad A20m support 1024x768? Rickie Laptops 0 02-03-2004 04:30 AM
IBM ThinkPad A20m/A20p PARTS! PARTS! PARTS! Carl IBM Thinkpad 0 01-30-2004 02:26 AM
Disassemble a IBM thinkpad A20m for new processor? darin Ginther Laptops 4 12-19-2003 02:34 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment