Windows Update Problems, KB List

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

Starting this thread for anyone to post info on tablet specific Windows
Update Problems.

If you remember or can find any other updates which caused problems,
please post details, especially the KB number here so it can be searched
using google groups.

<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc?hl=en>

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> KB911071 <<

problem;

Hi, I have a Gateway E-295C Tablet running Windows XP Tablet with SP2.
I can use the writing pad and character pad to enter text in Internet
Explorer or Firefox. However, if I use Word or Journal to enter text, the
pad recognizes the entered text, after I click insert, the text is gone.
Any suggestion??

solution;

Open the Control Panel
Open the Add/Remove Programs and check the box that says "show updates".
-after the list has populated-
Find HotFix KB911071 and delete it.
Reboot your computer and all should work as promised.
good luck,
Mike

SME

I have 2 pcs Windows XP Pro SP2 Tablet edition 2005- Stop Error code 0x
00000027 RDBSS.SYS - RDR_File_System when the pcs access network DFS
folders and attempt to change a folder name/edit/etc I have tried a couple
of hot fixes and different versions of the RDBSS and MRXSMB.sys files - to no
avail. all the RDBSS fixes that even come close to this error are for
servers and/or Windows 2K. Anybody know how to fix??

"Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:

> Starting this thread for anyone to post info on tablet specific Windows
> Update Problems.
>
> If you remember or can find any other updates which caused problems,
> please post details, especially the KB number here so it can be searched
> using google groups.
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc?hl=en>

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

Request that this be reposted as a new thread and not responed to this
this post in order to keep this thread easily searched for KB _solutions_

Thanks,
Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]