Windows XP auto-insert notofocation.

Michael

I have just finished upgrading to XP and all went well. I went to
windows update and installed all of the critical updates, and now my
LITE-ON dvd/cd doesn't work properly (it worked fine after the XP
upgrade).
When I put a disk in the drive the light on the drive flashes a
few times and when I hear the head start to move the computer locks up
completely. The only way to reboot is to pull the plug and put it
back and then reboot.
If the same disk is in the drive on reboot, when XP starts I can
run explorer and access the disk like normal.
Question: is it possible to completely disable auto-insert
notification in XP, and how?

Andrew

(E-Mail Removed) (Michael) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I have just finished upgrading to XP and all went well. I went to
> windows update and installed all of the critical updates, and now my
> LITE-ON dvd/cd doesn't work properly (it worked fine after the XP
> upgrade).
> When I put a disk in the drive the light on the drive flashes a
> few times and when I hear the head start to move the computer locks up
> completely. The only way to reboot is to pull the plug and put it
> back and then reboot.
> If the same disk is in the drive on reboot, when XP starts I can
> run explorer and access the disk like normal.
> Question: is it possible to completely disable auto-insert
> notification in XP, and how?

go to my computer, right click the drive that you want to disable
auto-insert. Then click on the Autoplay tab and customze it from
there. Hope it helps...

-ANDREW

S.Aravind Ganesh Padmanaban

Hi,

Frankly speaking criticalupdates are not essentail for new installed
o/s. better do a system restore, start-> all
programs->accessories->system tools->system restore

but possibility ois that you may lose softwares and hardware config ,
files also,from the date you are selecting from the calendar till
today.