Windows XP compatable for Packard Bell

whayface

I purchased a PB system back just before they stopped selling them in US and it came with
a ReadyScan 636i USB scanner.

I upgraded OS to XP Home and now the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are noe XP
compatable and all the ones I find on web are not either. Can someone help me out here as
to where I might find new driver?

I went to packardbell site and nec site but ------------------

The drivers I need are:

NTKERN.VXD
PMXSCAN.SYS
PMXUSB.CPL
PMXUSB.INF
VMM32.VXD

Thanks much

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

Ben Myers

There are two ways to approach this one:

1. Determine the original manufacturer of the scanner. For sure, it was not
made by the little elves at PB before they all got laid off. Go to the
manufacturer's web site and download the XP software for the scanner, if any
exists.

2. Buy a commercial grade scanning software package with universal support for
USB and SCSI scanners. They start at around $50... Ben Myers

On Thu, 26 May 2005 14:32:43 GMT, whayface <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I purchased a PB system back just before they stopped selling them in US and it came with
>a ReadyScan 636i USB scanner.
>
>I upgraded OS to XP Home and now the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB scanner are noe XP
>compatable and all the ones I find on web are not either. Can someone help me out here as
>to where I might find new driver?
>
>I went to packardbell site and nec site but ------------------
>
>The drivers I need are:
>
>NTKERN.VXD
>PMXSCAN.SYS
>PMXUSB.CPL
>PMXUSB.INF
>VMM32.VXD
>
>Thanks much
>

>************************************************* ****
>E-mail address altered to foil spam.
>Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
>
>************************************************* ****

Kevin Childers

Try the link for what it's worth. NEC seems to have dropped any mention of
this scanner and their link to Priority One was a waste of time. The driver
is a hacked version, so use it with a grain of salt.

KC

http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/82/82616.htm

"whayface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I purchased a PB system back just before they stopped selling them in US

and it came with
> a ReadyScan 636i USB scanner.
>
> I upgraded OS to XP Home and now the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB

scanner are noe XP
> compatable and all the ones I find on web are not either. Can someone

help me out here as
> to where I might find new driver?
>
> I went to packardbell site and nec site but ------------------
>
> The drivers I need are:
>
> NTKERN.VXD
> PMXSCAN.SYS
> PMXUSB.CPL
> PMXUSB.INF
> VMM32.VXD
>
> Thanks much
>

> ************************************************** ***
> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
>
> ************************************************** ***

Elector

"whayface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I purchased a PB system back just before they stopped selling them in US
> and it came with
> a ReadyScan 636i USB scanner.
>
> I upgraded OS to XP Home and now the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB
> scanner are noe XP
> compatable and all the ones I find on web are not either. Can someone
> help me out here as
> to where I might find new driver?
>
> I went to packardbell site and nec site but ------------------
>
> The drivers I need are:
>
> NTKERN.VXD
> PMXSCAN.SYS
> PMXUSB.CPL
> PMXUSB.INF
> VMM32.VXD
>
> Thanks much
>

> ************************************************** ***
> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
>
> ************************************************** ***

Another point to have pondered before you upgraded was to use the upgrade
utility for compatibility with your existing devices either from the Windows
XP Home Page at Microsoft or from the same utility supplied on the CD
install for Windows XP Home.

Another solution may be to go to http://www.drivers.com and look for the
driver there.

I hope I helped?

Elector

whayface

>> I purchased a PB system back just before they stopped selling them in US
>> and it came with
>> a ReadyScan 636i USB scanner.
>>
>> I upgraded OS to XP Home and now the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB
>> scanner are noe XP
>> compatable and all the ones I find on web are not either. Can someone
>> help me out here as
>> to where I might find new driver?
>>
>> I went to packardbell site and nec site but ------------------
>>
>> The drivers I need are:
>>
>> NTKERN.VXD
>> PMXSCAN.SYS
>> PMXUSB.CPL
>> PMXUSB.INF
>> VMM32.VXD
>>

>Another point to have pondered before you upgraded was to use the upgrade
>utility for compatibility with your existing devices either from the Windows
>XP Home Page at Microsoft or from the same utility supplied on the CD
>install for Windows XP Home.
>
>Another solution may be to go to http://www.drivers.com and look for the
>driver there.
>
>I hope I helped?
>
>Elector

OK I found the driver for ReadyScan 636i USB scanner at http://www.drivers.com in a file
named readyscan636i-XP.exe and the files in it are XP compatable and when I start XP it
sees the scanner but sees it as a "FlatBed" instead of "ReadyScan 636i USB scanner" and
the scanner light up but when I try to start taskbridge which is the scanner prog it does
nothing. No error message, no prog starts, etc.

Might just go get a new scanner seeing as everything else seems to work fine so far other
then XP eating up my hard drive space!

Thanks for help.

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

Elector

"whayface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I purchased a PB system back just before they stopped selling them in US
>>> and it came with
>>> a ReadyScan 636i USB scanner.
>>>
>>> I upgraded OS to XP Home and now the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB
>>> scanner are noe XP
>>> compatable and all the ones I find on web are not either. Can someone
>>> help me out here as
>>> to where I might find new driver?
>>>
>>> I went to packardbell site and nec site but ------------------
>>>
>>> The drivers I need are:
>>>
>>> NTKERN.VXD
>>> PMXSCAN.SYS
>>> PMXUSB.CPL
>>> PMXUSB.INF
>>> VMM32.VXD
>>>

>>Another point to have pondered before you upgraded was to use the upgrade
>>utility for compatibility with your existing devices either from the
>>Windows
>>XP Home Page at Microsoft or from the same utility supplied on the CD
>>install for Windows XP Home.
>>
>>Another solution may be to go to http://www.drivers.com and look for the
>>driver there.
>>
>>I hope I helped?
>>
>>Elector

> OK I found the driver for ReadyScan 636i USB scanner at
> http://www.drivers.com in a file
> named readyscan636i-XP.exe and the files in it are XP compatable and when
> I start XP it
> sees the scanner but sees it as a "FlatBed" instead of "ReadyScan 636i USB
> scanner" and
> the scanner light up but when I try to start taskbridge which is the
> scanner prog it does
> nothing. No error message, no prog starts, etc.
>
> Might just go get a new scanner seeing as everything else seems to work
> fine so far other
> then XP eating up my hard drive space!
>
> Thanks for help.
>

> ************************************************** ***
> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
>
> ************************************************** ***

You may want as Ben suggested get another scanner program. I use PaperPort
10 which is fully Windows XP compatible. You could also try going to the
scanner software site and downloading the updated version of the software or
even the original program and reinstall it as Administrator.

I hope I helped?

Elector

Elector

"whayface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I purchased a PB system back just before they stopped selling them in US
>>> and it came with
>>> a ReadyScan 636i USB scanner.
>>>
>>> I upgraded OS to XP Home and now the drivers for the ReadyScan 636i USB
>>> scanner are noe XP
>>> compatable and all the ones I find on web are not either. Can someone
>>> help me out here as
>>> to where I might find new driver?
>>>
>>> I went to packardbell site and nec site but ------------------
>>>
>>> The drivers I need are:
>>>
>>> NTKERN.VXD
>>> PMXSCAN.SYS
>>> PMXUSB.CPL
>>> PMXUSB.INF
>>> VMM32.VXD
>>>

>>Another point to have pondered before you upgraded was to use the upgrade
>>utility for compatibility with your existing devices either from the
>>Windows
>>XP Home Page at Microsoft or from the same utility supplied on the CD
>>install for Windows XP Home.
>>
>>Another solution may be to go to http://www.drivers.com and look for the
>>driver there.
>>
>>I hope I helped?
>>
>>Elector

> OK I found the driver for ReadyScan 636i USB scanner at
> http://www.drivers.com in a file
> named readyscan636i-XP.exe and the files in it are XP compatable and when
> I start XP it
> sees the scanner but sees it as a "FlatBed" instead of "ReadyScan 636i USB
> scanner" and
> the scanner light up but when I try to start taskbridge which is the
> scanner prog it does
> nothing. No error message, no prog starts, etc.
>
> Might just go get a new scanner seeing as everything else seems to work
> fine so far other
> then XP eating up my hard drive space!
>
> Thanks for help.
>

> ************************************************** ***
> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
>
> ************************************************** ***

You may want as Ben suggested get another scanner program. I use PaperPort
10 which is fully Windows XP compatible. You could also try going to the
scanner software site and downloading the updated version of the software or
even the original program and reinstall it as Administrator.

I hope I helped?

Elector

metronid

I have the following
NTKERN.VXD

If you want them via Email let me know

"Elector" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "whayface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Another point to have pondered before you upgraded was to use the upgrade
>>>utility for compatibility with your existing devices either from the
>>>Windows
>>>XP Home Page at Microsoft or from the same utility supplied on the CD
>>>install for Windows XP Home.
>>>
>>>Another solution may be to go to http://www.drivers.com and look for the
>>>driver there.
>>>
>>>I hope I helped?
>>>
>>>Elector

>> OK I found the driver for ReadyScan 636i USB scanner at
>> http://www.drivers.com in a file
>> named readyscan636i-XP.exe and the files in it are XP compatable and when
>> I start XP it
>> sees the scanner but sees it as a "FlatBed" instead of "ReadyScan 636i
>> USB scanner" and
>> the scanner light up but when I try to start taskbridge which is the
>> scanner prog it does
>> nothing. No error message, no prog starts, etc.
>>
>> Might just go get a new scanner seeing as everything else seems to work
>> fine so far other
>> then XP eating up my hard drive space!
>>
>> Thanks for help.
>>

>> ************************************************** ***
>> E-mail address altered to foil spam.
>> Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.
>>
>> ************************************************** ***

> You may want as Ben suggested get another scanner program. I use PaperPort
> 10 which is fully Windows XP compatible. You could also try going to the
> scanner software site and downloading the updated version of the software
> or even the original program and reinstall it as Administrator.
>
> I hope I helped?
>
> Elector

whayface

Are they Win XP compatable ?? I have them but the ones I have are not XP friendly.

On Fri, 27 May 2005 10:22:11 -0400, "metronid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have the following
> NTKERN.VXD
> PMXSCAN.SYS
> PMXUSB.CPL
> PMXUSB.INF
> VMM32.VXD
>If you want them via Email let me know

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

metronid

Yours are probably the same as mine
I just have them in my data base
I have never used them
I just archive files

These files should not be the concern
It is most likely the twain driver

I believe your scanner is a primax
When I look at the original software it has a primax signature

I would look for this software and pray
Windows XP driver for Primax Colorado D600 scanner ...

I only see windows NT drivers when searching
and windows 2000 drivers

You could of course hope and pray and use
the windows 2000 drivers

I myself would buy a cheap scanner
as your is not kind of old