Windows XP occupies tooo mych space

RMA

The system of my Tablet PC is Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Service Pack 2
(build 2600).
My C:\ unit has 38,4 GB. I am surprised the Windows directory occupies most
of it, 20,4 GB. And most of Windows directory is occupied by
Windows\Installer, 16 GB.
Is this normal?
If not, what can I do to reduce the Windows directory?

Thanks in advance.

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

been installing a lot of files?

fwiw, my windows folder is 3+gigs, so, that would point to the installer
directory as a place to start...

google for "windows\installer"

found this there

<http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53&forumid=11&postid=67471&view =topic>

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

RMA

Thanks.
But I still I do not know how to resolve the problem.
Has somebody found a solution to this problem?

RMA

"Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:

> been installing a lot of files?
>
> fwiw, my windows folder is 3+gigs, so, that would point to the installer
> directory as a place to start...
>
> google for "windows\installer"
>
> found this there
>
> <http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53&forumid=11&postid=67471&view =topic>

Tom K

By default, Windows saves all the uninstallers for every patch it installs
in hidden folders in the Windows folder. That can add up to hundreds of
MBs. If you are 100% sure you won't need to backout any patches it's safe
to delete the uninstallers. Look for hidden folders with names starting
$NtUninstall and delete them.

Are you using Offline files? There's a hidden folder named C:\Windows\CSC
that holds your Client Side Cached offline files and database. Don't delete
that, but it might help explain why your Windows folder is abnormally large.
There are ways to manage the size of that folder. Use Google to find them.

Other than that try Googling reduce+windows+xp+size

Tom

news:(E-Mail Removed)...