Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Media or Download

Mal

Hi, I have a Volume Licensing customer who is trying to get the media or
downloadWindows XP Tablet PC Edition, I'm told by Microsoft that the media is
now obsolete, is there somewhere that it can be downloaded from?

Rainald Taesler

Mal wrote:
> Hi, I have a Volume Licensing customer who is trying to get the media
> or downloadWindows XP Tablet PC Edition, I'm told by Microsoft that
> the media is now obsolete, is there somewhere that it can be
> downloaded from?

There are no downloads for the OS available.

And MS never sold the XP TabletPC version separately. It was only
distributed through the hardware manufacturers.
So the only chance for your client would be to contact the manufacturer
and ask them. Some still have the media on stock.

Rainald
P.S. Which type/brand if TabletPC this is about?

Rainald Taesler

Mal wrote:
> Hi, I have a Volume Licensing customer who is trying to get the media
> or downloadWindows XP Tablet PC Edition, I'm told by Microsoft that
> the media is now obsolete, is there somewhere that it can be
> downloaded from?

There are no downloads for the OS available.

And MS never sold the XP TabletPC version separately. It was only
distributed through the hardware manufacturers.
So the only chance for your client would be to contact the manufacturer
and ask them. Some still have the media on stock.

Rainald
P.S. Which type/brand if TabletPC this is about?

Jeffers

I had the same problem. I was able to order a Recovery Disk with this OS
directly from Fujitsu Tech Support for $28.30. I've read that the this Win
XP Tablet PC Edition will run on other brands of tablet PCs however I
recommend that you go to the actual manufacturer of your particular tablet.