Windows XP tablet PC vs. Windows XP vs. Windows XP Embedded

Arya Abraham

What's the difference between Windows XP Tablet PC,
vanilla Windows XP and Windows XP Embedded?

I have an application that is designed to run on Windows
XP Professional. It uses IIS and .NET. We are going to
port a watered down version for use on a tablet PC. I know
that this is possible with Win XP Embedded. I'd like to
know if I can do this with Win XP Tablet Edition.

If there are any known incompatibilities please let me
know.

Sincerely
Arya

Chris H.

No difference, really. If it runs on Windows XP, it should run fine on the
Tablet PC. The Tablets are a superset of functions (inking, for instance)
on top of XP. Everything from Office 2003 to Dungeon Siege runs fine -
except games which require high-end graphics support because the Tablets are
like a laptop in the video department. 8-)
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Arya Abraham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0e8101c3846c$d36fcdc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's the difference between Windows XP Tablet PC,
> vanilla Windows XP and Windows XP Embedded?
>
> I have an application that is designed to run on Windows
> XP Professional. It uses IIS and .NET. We are going to
> port a watered down version for use on a tablet PC. I know
> that this is possible with Win XP Embedded. I'd like to
> know if I can do this with Win XP Tablet Edition.
>
> If there are any known incompatibilities please let me
> know.
>
> Sincerely
> Arya

Mike Williams

"Arya Abraham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0e8101c3846c$d36fcdc0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's the difference between Windows XP Tablet PC,
> vanilla Windows XP and Windows XP Embedded?
>
> I have an application that is designed to run on Windows
> XP Professional. It uses IIS and .NET. We are going to
> port a watered down version for use on a tablet PC. I know
> that this is possible with Win XP Embedded. I'd like to
> know if I can do this with Win XP Tablet Edition.
>
> If there are any known incompatibilities please let me
> know.

Windows XP Tablet PC edition is a superset of Windows XP Pro SP1. You should
not be watering down your software for a Tablet.