Windows XP w SP2 have yellow exclaimation on NETWORK and USB devices

Dibosia

These devices are all dysfunctional. The error says code 35, bios does
not contain enough information on these devices (they are all on the
mobo). The devices are enabled in the bios.

The mobo is a Soyo Dragon 2,0 with an Athlon 3200+, and the latest bios
installed from soyotek. There is nothing later I can install.

Everything else seems to operate OK and there are no other issues in
the device manager. I have normal IDE drives and 1GB RAM.

I installed the LAN drivers from the SOYO disk after XP installed. No
change. I also installed the 4-1-in-1 drivers. The USB driver on the CD
says to go to MS and get SP4 but that's not possible as I can't get on
the net.

Is the Dragon 2.0 incompatible with MS XP?

Thanks for any help!

DL

Well your on the net now so you can download sp updates from MS,
Administrative update downloads and save to cd. You can do the same at Soyo
site for any updated drivers.

In the mean time try, in Hardware Devices, removing the devices and
rebooting, to see if win installs default drivers correctly

"Dibosia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> These devices are all dysfunctional. The error says code 35, bios does
> not contain enough information on these devices (they are all on the
> mobo). The devices are enabled in the bios.
>
> The mobo is a Soyo Dragon 2,0 with an Athlon 3200+, and the latest bios
> installed from soyotek. There is nothing later I can install.
>
> Everything else seems to operate OK and there are no other issues in
> the device manager. I have normal IDE drives and 1GB RAM.
>
> I installed the LAN drivers from the SOYO disk after XP installed. No
> change. I also installed the 4-1-in-1 drivers. The USB driver on the CD
> says to go to MS and get SP4 but that's not possible as I can't get on
> the net.
>
> Is the Dragon 2.0 incompatible with MS XP?
>
> Thanks for any help!

Dibosia

DL wrote:
> Well your on the net now so you can download sp updates from MS,
> Administrative update downloads and save to cd. You can do the same at Soyo
> site for any updated drivers.
>
> In the mean time try, in Hardware Devices, removing the devices and
> rebooting, to see if win installs default drivers correctly

I've already removed them and let them get re-detected. I also loaded
Soyo's latest drivers. I tried to manaually set the drivers and tried
everything that even looked close. No luck... I've been screwing with
this system for over 2 months.

I'm starting to this this mobo is a lost cause. Can anyone recommend
one (an ABIT or ASUS perhaps) that will clock an AMD Athlon 3200+ ,
same socket as the Dragon Plus 2.0 ?

Thanks!

DL

The Soyo mobo had good reviews, perhaps something is indeed ammiss with your
mobo

"Dibosia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> DL wrote:
> > Well your on the net now so you can download sp updates from MS,
> > Administrative update downloads and save to cd. You can do the same at

Soyo
> > site for any updated drivers.
> >
> > In the mean time try, in Hardware Devices, removing the devices and
> > rebooting, to see if win installs default drivers correctly
> >

> I've already removed them and let them get re-detected. I also loaded
> Soyo's latest drivers. I tried to manaually set the drivers and tried
> everything that even looked close. No luck... I've been screwing with
> this system for over 2 months.
>
> I'm starting to this this mobo is a lost cause. Can anyone recommend
> one (an ABIT or ASUS perhaps) that will clock an AMD Athlon 3200+ ,
> same socket as the Dragon Plus 2.0 ?
>
> Thanks!

John Holmes

DL "contributed" in alt.os.windows-xp:

> The Soyo mobo had good reviews, perhaps something is indeed ammiss
> with your mobo
>
> "Dibosia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>> DL wrote:
>> > Well your on the net now so you can download sp updates from MS,
>> > Administrative update downloads and save to cd. You can do the same
>> > at

> Soyo
>> > site for any updated drivers.
>> >
>> > In the mean time try, in Hardware Devices, removing the devices and
>> > rebooting, to see if win installs default drivers correctly
>> >

>> I've already removed them and let them get re-detected. I also loaded
>> Soyo's latest drivers. I tried to manaually set the drivers and
>> tried everything that even looked close. No luck... I've been
>> screwing with this system for over 2 months.
>>
>> I'm starting to this this mobo is a lost cause. Can anyone recommend
>> one (an ABIT or ASUS perhaps) that will clock an AMD Athlon 3200+ ,
>> same socket as the Dragon Plus 2.0 ?
>>
>> Thanks!

You /did/ install the motherboard drivers, now didn't you?

--
Your mother was a hideous ass who danced naked in a home for the
permanently baffled.

Dibosia

Yes from CD.. And I checked the soyotek site they are the latest..

Bummer! Maybe why this is why this mobo was on EBAY!

John Holmes wrote:
> DL "contributed" in alt.os.windows-xp:
>
> > The Soyo mobo had good reviews, perhaps something is indeed ammiss
> > with your mobo
> >
> > "Dibosia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> > Soyo

> >> I've already removed them and let them get re-detected. I also loaded
> >> Soyo's latest drivers. I tried to manaually set the drivers and
> >> tried everything that even looked close. No luck... I've been
> >> screwing with this system for over 2 months.
> >>
> >> I'm starting to this this mobo is a lost cause. Can anyone recommend
> >> one (an ABIT or ASUS perhaps) that will clock an AMD Athlon 3200+ ,
> >> same socket as the Dragon Plus 2.0 ?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>

> You /did/ install the motherboard drivers, now didn't you?
>
> --
> Your mother was a hideous ass who danced naked in a home for the
> permanently baffled.

relic

Dibosia wrote:
> on EBAY!