Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

WinFLP on a Tablet

 
 
martinyelland@googlemail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello,
Does anyone know if it is possible to use Windows Fundementals for
Legacy PCs on a tablet pc, while still being able to use the on screen
keyboard and other features from XP Tablet Edition?

TIA
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kiruthik Nandha Kumar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2009, 12:10 PM
No, you cant.

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Hello,
> Does anyone know if it is possible to use Windows Fundementals for
> Legacy PCs on a tablet pc, while still being able to use the on screen
> keyboard and other features from XP Tablet Edition?
>
> TIA
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Kiruthik Nandha Kumar
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-08-2009, 12:11 PM
No, you cant

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Hello,
> Does anyone know if it is possible to use Windows Fundementals for
> Legacy PCs on a tablet pc, while still being able to use the on screen
> keyboard and other features from XP Tablet Edition?
>
> TIA
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Could you expand on your response... since most windows applications
should run on any tablet.

Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]
 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve Jain [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2009, 01:12 AM
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 18:20:30 -0600, "Beverly Howard
[Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote:

>Could you expand on your response... since most windows applications
>should run on any tablet.
>
>Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]


WinLFP isn't an app though, it's a limited version of Windows
"Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs is based on the Windows XP
Embedded Service Pack 2 (SP2) operating system. By implementing it,
you upgrade to the security and stability of the Windows XP platform.
You also ease the transition to the Windows Vista Enterprise operating
system when you eventually replace your personal computers."
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/s...damentals.mspx

So you won't get the Tablet features of the XP Tablet Edition.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
http://vpc.essjae.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Marty Yelland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks Steve, I understand that Tablet Edition has many tablet specific
modifications, but in theory, with the correct drivers and software, could
WinFLP be used on a Tablet?

Cheers,

"Steve Jain [MVP]" wrote:

> On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 18:20:30 -0600, "Beverly Howard
> [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote:
>
> >Could you expand on your response... since most windows applications
> >should run on any tablet.
> >
> >Beverly Howard [Microsoft MVP-Mobile Devices]

>
> WinLFP isn't an app though, it's a limited version of Windows
> "Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs is based on the Windows XP
> Embedded Service Pack 2 (SP2) operating system. By implementing it,
> you upgrade to the security and stability of the Windows XP platform.
> You also ease the transition to the Windows Vista Enterprise operating
> system when you eventually replace your personal computers."
> http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/s...damentals.mspx
>
> So you won't get the Tablet features of the XP Tablet Edition.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
> http://vpc.essjae.com/
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve Jain [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009, 06:52 PM
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 10:42:02 -0800, Marty Yelland <Marty
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks Steve, I understand that Tablet Edition has many tablet specific
>modifications, but in theory, with the correct drivers and software, could
>WinFLP be used on a Tablet?
>
>Cheers,
>

I don't know. It may run,but likely just as a regular laptop with no
tablet features.
Why bother? The tablet edition of Windows is already set up for use
on tablets, why try to cobble something together?

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
http://vpc.essjae.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Marty Yelland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
I have noticed that the diference in speed and memory usage on FLP is
significantly better than standard XP.
I just figure that FLP with Tablet features would run better on the lower
end hardware.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tablet software for external tablet (wacom graphire tablet) motomom Tablet PC 1 08-24-2004 11:30 PM
Windows XP Tablet Edition - Tablet Pack download Geoff Eddon Tablet PC 1 11-22-2003 01:54 AM
using tablet pc as a graphing (wacom) tablet? Compn Tablet PC 4 10-04-2003 01:42 PM
New Tablet PC with Tablet XP - cant connect to internet Hope Tablet PC 3 09-28-2003 10:04 AM
clearing tablet - tablet security David Cleland Tablet PC 4 09-14-2003 05:59 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment