Wireless adapter problem with Lenovo S10e Netbook

cjeffwang@gmail.com

I have had a Lenovo S10e Netbook for 3-4 years. The wireless adapter
worked just fine for my AT&T (now
with U-verse). Last Saturday I connected the Netbook to a HDTV and
watched a movie for 2-3 minutes.

Later on I found the wireless network was unavailable. Searching
networks showed only a computer-
to-computer network. Clicked repair did not solve the problem.

Meanwhile I noticed there are always errors for 'automatic update' and
'firewall is off'. Does this mean
my wireless adapter is no good? Can I just buy a USB wireless adapter
for my Lenovo S10e? Does
the connection to a HDTV have anything to do with the wireless adapter
problem??

TIA,
Jeffrey