dorayme

That Quicklook would give let you see what files, their names or icons
would do, are in a zip file.

--
dorayme

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dorayme
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> That Quicklook would give let you see what files, their names or icons
> would do, are in a zip file.

your wish has been granted.

<http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

dorayme

In article <160420121746347048%(E-Mail Removed)>,
nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dorayme
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > That Quicklook would give let you see what files, their names or icons
> > would do, are in a zip file.

> your wish has been granted.
>
> <http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

Thank you, nospam, well spotted or well known by you! I just got it
down on your information.

9/10 at first glance, I would give 10/10 if it dropped the cool black
background and tiny white text in favour of easily readable plain
black on white. I don't think this is easily customizable?

Yes, I know, it *is* in the Apple style for some Quicklook popups like
when you space bar a selected folder, but we must not necessarily give
discounts for following practices for the sake of following.

Which reminds me, a Quicklook at folder contents would be nice, like
what you can get by sticking a folder in the dock. But not such a
pressing need obviously.

Anyway, BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator sure will do me. nospam, I have
decided you have a rare talent for granting wishes! Please review all
2299 of my former wishes and see what might be done.

I reward you with a joke.

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/jokes/genie.html>

--

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > That Quicklook would give let you see what files, their names or icons
> > > would do, are in a zip file.

> > your wish has been granted.
> >
> > <http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

> Thank you, nospam, well spotted or well known by you! I just got it
> down on your information.

it's great. i've been using it for years.

dorayme

In article <160420122119132324%(E-Mail Removed)>,
nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > your wish has been granted.
> > >
> > > <http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

> > Thank you, nospam, well spotted or well known by you! I just got it
> > down on your information.

> it's great. i've been using it for years.

Lately I have been needing it badly for my own work, my self zipped
files. My workaround has been to screenshot the file names from the
directory in col view just prior to zipping and storing the png with
the zip, it gives me, via QL on the png, a quick look at what is
zipped. But a bit inelegant, eh? No longer needed with above software.

--
dorayme

nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > your wish has been granted.
> > >
> > > <http://macitbetter.com/BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator/>

> > Thank you, nospam, well spotted or well known by you! I just got it
> > down on your information.

> it's great. i've been using it for years.

Lately I have been wanting something further: to be able to
'second-order' Quicklook at the files revealed by the above method! In
other words, to select the file revealed by the
BetterZip-Quick-Look-Generator and press the spacebar and get more
details quickly.

--
dorayme