World's Raspberry Pi supply jammed in factory blunder

Don McKenzie

World's Raspberry Pi supply jammed in factory blunder
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03...ed_networking/

Raspberry Pi shipping is delayed
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ipping-delayed

Raspberry Pi delayed by "manufacturing hiccup"
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/educatio...cturing-hiccup

Cheers Don...

============================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/

DuinoMite the PIC32 $35 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-m...-computer.html
Just add a VGA monitor or TV, and PS2 Keyboard.
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.

Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 09 Mar 2012 05:39:15 +1100) it happened Don McKenzie
<5V@2.5A> wrote in <(E-Mail Removed)>:

>World's Raspberry Pi supply jammed in factory blunder
>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03...ed_networking/
>
>Raspberry Pi shipping is delayed
>http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...ipping-delayed
>
>Raspberry Pi delayed by "manufacturing hiccup"
>http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/educatio...cturing-hiccup
>
>Cheers Don...

Seems all very amateur to me.
There is an old Dutch saying:
"Do not sell the skin of the bear before you shot it."

It is not that I did never came acros a similar problem,
just that I did not shout from the roofs before everything worked.
On top of that I find this pretty stupid,
is not most RJ45 with magnetics, and perhaps with LEDs these days?
the ones I use are.
What if the new connectors are more expensive?
LOL

>============================
>
>--
>Don McKenzie
>
>Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
>
>DuinoMite the PIC32 $35 Basic Computer-MicroController
>http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-m...-computer.html
>Just add a VGA monitor or TV, and PS2 Keyboard.
>Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.

TTman

> Seems all very amateur to me.
> There is an old Dutch saying:
> "Do not sell the skin of the bear before you shot it."
>
> It is not that I did never came acros a similar problem,
> just that I did not shout from the roofs before everything worked.
> On top of that I find this pretty stupid,
> is not most RJ45 with magnetics, and perhaps with LEDs these days?
> the ones I use are.
> What if the new connectors are more expensive?
> LOL

Tough **** then.... perhaps the manufacturer was tring to save a few pennies
to go in their pockets by substituting a cheaper connector. Someone's head
will roll

notbob

On 2012-03-08, Jan Panteltje <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Seems all very amateur to me.
> There is an old Dutch saying:
> "Do not sell the skin of the bear before you shot it."

Is that the same Dutch that surrendered to the Nazis even quicker than
the French (ONE DAY!)? Have you ever heard of a Dutch Mauser variant?
Do the Dutch even know how to shoot? I didn't think so.

> It is not that I did never came acros a similar problem,
> just that I did not shout from the roofs before everything worked.
> On top of that I find this pretty stupid,
> is not most RJ45 with magnetics, and perhaps with LEDs these days?
> the ones I use are.
> What if the new connectors are more expensive?

Not a new practice. I think the term is "vaporware". Yell from
rooftops, get venture capital, pad pockets, blame vendors, yada
yada..... Everyone does it, including Apple and others. Wait six
mos, buy the debugged version fer cheap if still alive, or look to the
next pretender.

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

Nico Coesel

notbob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 2012-03-08, Jan Panteltje <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Seems all very amateur to me.
>> There is an old Dutch saying:
>> "Do not sell the skin of the bear before you shot it."

>Is that the same Dutch that surrendered to the Nazis even quicker than
>the French (ONE DAY!)?

Its a small country. There is not much to defend. If you want you can
get from the German border to the sea in less than 2 days with a
bicycle. It actually took the nazis longer to conquer NL than they
expected.

>Have you ever heard of a Dutch Mauser variant?

Does this count:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goalkeeper_CIWS

NL is in fact a very big high-tech weapons manufacturer. Lots of
development of radar systems.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Don McKenzie

delay comments:
http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/1...IT%29#comments

http://www.element14.com/community/message/46805

and some snippets:
====================================
[Chorus]
Bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey in Rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die
------------------------------------
Bye Bye, my Raspberry Pi,
I thought that I might buy you,
but the warehouse was dry,
those good old boys say just wait one more month,
but you keep running into delays,
yeah, you keep running into delays.
====================================
yesterday I read a this one on Beagle Bone board:

Customer: How much is a BeagleBone?
Seller: 89 dollars.
C: 89 dollars! But a Raspberry Pi is only $35!
S: So why don't you buy a Raspberry Pi, then?
C: They're out of stock.
S: Well, if BeagleBones were out of stock, they'd be only $30!
====================================

Cheers Don...

====================================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/

DuinoMite the PIC32 $35 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-m...-computer.html
Just add a VGA monitor or TV, and PS2 Keyboard.
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.

Klaus Kragelund

On 8 Mar., 21:01, "TTman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Seems all very amateur to me.
> > There is an old Dutch saying:
> > "Do not sell the skin of the bear before you shot it."

> > It is not that I did never came acros a similar problem,
> > just that I did not shout from the roofs before everything worked.
> > On top of that I find this pretty stupid,
> > is not most RJ45 with magnetics, and perhaps with LEDs these days?
> > the ones I use are.
> > What if the new connectors are more expensive?
> > LOL

> Tough **** then.... perhaps the manufacturer was tring to save a few pennies
> to go in their pockets by substituting a cheaper connector. Someone's head
> will roll

Well, its not the end of the world, they are re-modding the boards and
will be shipping soon (can't wait to get one for myself)

Seems there is some who likes picking on the Raspberry team and their
idea/product (not this thread, but in general). IMHO it outperforms
the competition, like the Arduino boards. As for the complexity of
getting started, just wait and see, since it sells nicely, the
community support will be good.

The low price and the combination of ethernet and USB connectivity
will allow for an easy way to put together custom systems. Need an
internet connection for example, just add a USB wireless stick.
Drivers exist on the Linux Package and visual app tools for Linux are
free.

Regards

Klaus

Klaus Kragelund

On 8 Mar., 22:02, Don McKenzie <5...@2.5A> wrote:
> delay comments:http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/1...pberry-pi-prod...
>
> http://www.element14.com/community/message/46805
>
> and some snippets:
> ====================================
> [Chorus]
> Bye, bye Miss American Pie
> Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
> Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey in Rye
> Singin' this'll be the day that I die
> This'll be the day that I die
> ------------------------------------
> Bye Bye, my Raspberry Pi,
> I thought that I might buy you,
> but the warehouse was dry,
> those good old boys say just wait one more month,
> but you keep running into delays,
> yeah, you keep running into delays.
> ====================================
> yesterday I read a this one on Beagle Bone board:
>
> Customer: How much is a BeagleBone?
> Seller: 89 dollars.
> C: 89 dollars! *But a Raspberry Pi is only $35!
> S: So why don't you buy a Raspberry Pi, then?
> C: They're out of stock.
> S: Well, if BeagleBones were out of stock, they'd be only $30!
> ====================================
>
> Cheers Don...
>
> ====================================
>
> --
> Don McKenzie
>
> Dontronics:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/
>
> DuinoMite the PIC32 $35 Basic Computer-MicroControllerhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-maximite-computer.html
> Just add a VGA monitor or TV, and PS2 Keyboard.
> Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.

Perhaps you opposition to Raspberry Pi is due to your company and you
will loose money if it succeeds. Envy is a bad feeling....

Jan Panteltje

!bob hugs microphone and utters:

>On 2012-03-08, Jan Panteltje <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Seems all very amateur to me.
>> There is an old Dutch saying:
>> "Do not sell the skin of the bear before you shot it."

>Is that the same Dutch that surrendered to the Nazis even quicker than
>the French (ONE DAY!)?

Netherlands is very small, 100km by 200km, and the army was non-existent by practical means.
Pretty much 'saved' away.

> Have you ever heard of a Dutch Mauser variant?
>Do the Dutch even know how to shoot? I didn't think so.

The Dutch were hunting bears up to the northpole in the last century,
controlled much of the world trade, defeated the Spanish in the 80 year war,
We just let you amriconions play boss a bit, then we will rule again,
probably with Chinese help.
It has come to my attention that the Chinese want to make the USA a
Chinese province, and Chinese will be the language taught in your schools.
All fire arms you have will be confiscated and you will have to bow
for a picture of chairman ... every morning.
This is the plan your grass-hut foreign presidente has worked out
and made a deal with China to get the next loan, so obanana still has a salary.
Actually I was a sharp shoot[1].
I am still pretty good, but at my age my hands are not so steady.
Bears are a big target, should be no problem.
:-)
There is an other Dutch expression:
'Bokken schieten'
That is what that strawberry pie is about if you ask me :-)

[1] I shot GWBush, that man in the white house was a stand-in,
clearly he knew nothing of anything.

>> It is not that I did never came across a similar problem,
>> just that I did not shout from the roofs before everything worked.
>> On top of that I find this pretty stupid,
>> is not most RJ45 with magnetics, and perhaps with LEDs these days?
>> the ones I use are.
>> What if the new connectors are more expensive?

>Not a new practice. I think the term is "vaporware". Yell from
>rooftops, get venture capital, pad pockets, blame vendors, yada
>yada..... Everyone does it, including Apple and others. Wait six
>mos, buy the debugged version fer cheap if still alive, or look to the
>next pretender.
>
>nb

Yep

>--
>Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
>Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!
>http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/
>vi --the heart of evil!

keithr

On 9/03/2012 8:02 AM, Don McKenzie wrote:

> delay comments:
> http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/1...IT%29#comments
>

> http://www.element14.com/community/message/46805
>
> and some snippets:
> ====================================
> [Chorus]
> Bye, bye Miss American Pie
> Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
> Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey in Rye
> Singin' this'll be the day that I die
> This'll be the day that I die
> ------------------------------------
> Bye Bye, my Raspberry Pi,
> I thought that I might buy you,
> but the warehouse was dry,
> those good old boys say just wait one more month,
> but you keep running into delays,
> yeah, you keep running into delays.
> ====================================
> yesterday I read a this one on Beagle Bone board:
>
> Customer: How much is a BeagleBone?
> Seller: 89 dollars.
> C: 89 dollars! But a Raspberry Pi is only $35!
> S: So why don't you buy a Raspberry Pi, then?
> C: They're out of stock.
> S: Well, if BeagleBones were out of stock, they'd be only $30!
>
> Cheers Don...

What is it about the Pi that makes you want it to fail? Because your
attitude seems to indicate that that is what you want.