WRITING AND READING FROM A FLASH

manaila

Hi
I am new to embedded Linux systems. I am trying to write and read from
[NAND]flash memory. The nand memory is divided into four partitions a
follows:

mtdblock0 to save start code and U-Boot when start the Nand Flash
mtdblock1 to save kernel of Linux
mtdblock2 to save Cramfs file system
mtdblock3 to load yaffs file system and other partition

Cramfs file system is read-only; i want to read/write a file to a YAFF
file system in partition 4 from partition 3. So my problem is how can i d
that, sample source code for YAFFS;

Cheers

---------------------------------------

NeedCleverHandle

On Jun 1, 3:20*am, "manaila" <chessmylitis@n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi
> I am new to embedded Linux systems. I am trying to write and read from a
> [NAND]flash memory. The nand memory is divided into four partitions as
> follows:
>
> mtdblock0 to save start code and U-Boot when start the Nand Flash
> mtdblock1 to save kernel of Linux
> mtdblock2 to save Cramfs file system
> mtdblock3 to load yaffs file system and other partition
>
> Cramfs file system is read-only; i want to read/write a file to a YAFFS
> file system in partition 4 from partition 3. So my problem is how can i do
> that, sample source code for YAFFS;
>
> Cheers
>
> --------------------------------------- * * * *
> Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Two places to look:
<http://www.giyf.com> <- this one is VERY important.
<http://yaffs.net>

Ulf Samuelsson

manaila skrev 2011-06-01 12:20:
> Hi
> I am new to embedded Linux systems. I am trying to write and read from a
> [NAND]flash memory. The nand memory is divided into four partitions as
> follows:
>
> mtdblock0 to save start code and U-Boot when start the Nand Flash
> mtdblock1 to save kernel of Linux
> mtdblock2 to save Cramfs file system
> mtdblock3 to load yaffs file system and other partition
>
> Cramfs file system is read-only; i want to read/write a file to a YAFFS
> file system in partition 4 from partition 3. So my problem is how can i do
> that, sample source code for YAFFS;
>
> Cheers

> Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

You mount the YAFFS file system and copy the file.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson