WTB: Heathkit ID-4801 EPROM Programmer

Outtatheloop

Looking for a Heathkit ID-4801 EPROM Programmer.
Thanks,
Tim

Charles Richmond

On 10/22/10 11:10 PM, Outtatheloop wrote:
> Looking for a Heathkit ID-4801 EPROM Programmer.
> Thanks,
> Tim

There's one of these on eBay:

<http://cgi.ebay.com/Heathkit-EPROM-Programmer-Factory-Built-Brand-New-/220685347096?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3361df 2918#ht_481wt_1156>

| Charles and Francis Richmond |
| |
| plano dot net at aquaporin4 dot com |

JeffM

Outtatheloop wrote:
>Looking for a Heathkit ID-4801 EPROM Programmer.

Dear ignorant Google Grouper,
None of the groups to which you have cross-posted this
have in their names one of the magic words
ads biz forsale marketplace

As such, a WTB post is inappropriate in each of them.
Here is the charter for sci.electronics.basics
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...-zz+Discussion
which *explicitly* forbids this
(though the general rule above already holds for all):

TXMarsh

Charles... thank you.

JeffM... thank you for so graciously pointing out my ignorance. You
may feel better to know that I am not exclusively a Google Groups
user. That said, with 99.8% of the posts to these boards being spam I
don't feel too bad about posting a science/computer/electronics
related WTB. Nuff said... at least by me. I'm sure you'll take the
time to opine more.

Don McKenzie

On 24/10/2010 4:32 AM, JeffM wrote:
> Outtatheloop wrote:
>> Looking for a Heathkit ID-4801 EPROM Programmer.
>>

> Dear ignorant Google Grouper,
> None of the groups to which you have cross-posted this
> have in their names one of the magic words
> ads biz forsale marketplace

He asked for assistance with finding an electronic device.
What's more, he got an immediate answer.
In fact I am amazed anyone had one for sale these days.

What's the problem JeffM?

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-i...-isolator.html

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html

JeffM

Don McKenzie wrote:
>He asked for assistance with finding an electronic device.
>What's more, he got an immediate answer.
>In fact I am amazed anyone had one for sale these days.
>
>What's the problem JeffM?

If you would like to amend the charter for s.e.b.,
feel free to propose that.
In the meantime, as mentioned,
that charter *explicitly* forbids buy-or-sell posts.

If the OP wanted to be *technically* within policy,
he could have posted something NOT forbidden
and put his request in his sig.

In the meantime, he's a selfish, ignorant, off-topic poster
and you are a defender of his aberrant behavior.

Rich Grise

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:06:44 -0700, JeffM wrote:

> If you would like to amend the charter for s.e.b.,
> feel free to propose that.
> In the meantime, as mentioned,
> that charter *explicitly* forbids buy-or-sell posts.

Where do we find this charter?

Thanks,
Rich

JeffM

Rich Grise wrote:
>Where do we find this charter?

Those paying attention
would know that it has already been linked in this thread.
For others:
http://google.com/search?q=%22+sci.e...r+-charter.net

Joe Pfeiffer

JeffM <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Outtatheloop wrote:
>>Looking for a Heathkit ID-4801 EPROM Programmer.
>>

> Dear ignorant Google Grouper,
> None of the groups to which you have cross-posted this
> have in their names one of the magic words
> ads biz forsale marketplace
>
> As such, a WTB post is inappropriate in each of them.
> Here is the charter for sci.electronics.basics
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...-zz+Discussion
> which *explicitly* forbids this
> (though the general rule above already holds for all):

Seems to me like looking for some old computer/electronics-related gear
here isn't too far out of line. If we were to start sticking to our
charter all the political discussions would go away...

Peter Flass

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> JeffM <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Outtatheloop wrote:
>>> Looking for a Heathkit ID-4801 EPROM Programmer.
>>>

>> Dear ignorant Google Grouper,
>> None of the groups to which you have cross-posted this
>> have in their names one of the magic words
>> ads biz forsale marketplace
>>
>> As such, a WTB post is inappropriate in each of them.
>> Here is the charter for sci.electronics.basics
>> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...-zz+Discussion
>> which *explicitly* forbids this
>> (though the general rule above already holds for all):

> Seems to me like looking for some old computer/electronics-related gear
> here isn't too far out of line. If we were to start sticking to our
> charter all the political discussions would go away...

Depends on where "here" is. Since I've never seen JeffM on a.f.c
before, I assume he's a denizen of c.a.e or s.e.b where the conventions
might be different. I agree it's not too out of line on a.f.c, but I
wouldn't want to see this NG overrun with buying and selling.