WTF is this ATX power supply good for ? (ANTEC PP-412X)

Al Dykes

http://www.pcabusers.com/reviews/pp412x/pp412x_1.html

So a desktop machine dies suddenly on powerup and I know
the PSU is #1 thing to swap. I have an unused spare Antec
and I open up the system and proceed to swap all the connectors.

When I get to the 2-wire connector that is the on/off signal from the
mobo to the PSU I find that the PSU doesn't have this cable!!

It also doesn't have an external power switch. The URL shows
this PSU wthout a switch and another shot shows the cable collection
accuratly. Going into the article a couple more pages find
a picture of the PSU _with_ a switch.

What kind of system does this PSU go into ????

FWIW, the original PSU is an enlight 8341934. It has a slight acrid
smell that tells me it's dead, Jim.

Do I need to go buy another PSU?

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

CJT

Al Dykes wrote:
> http://www.pcabusers.com/reviews/pp412x/pp412x_1.html
>
> So a desktop machine dies suddenly on powerup and I know
> the PSU is #1 thing to swap. I have an unused spare Antec
> and I open up the system and proceed to swap all the connectors.
>
> When I get to the 2-wire connector that is the on/off signal from the
> mobo to the PSU I find that the PSU doesn't have this cable!!
>
> It also doesn't have an external power switch. The URL shows
> this PSU wthout a switch and another shot shows the cable collection
> accuratly. Going into the article a couple more pages find
> a picture of the PSU _with_ a switch.
>
> What kind of system does this PSU go into ????
>
> FWIW, the original PSU is an enlight 8341934. It has a slight acrid
> smell that tells me it's dead, Jim.
>
> Do I need to go buy another PSU?

real men don't power down

minimize spam. Our true address is of the form (E-Mail Removed).