Michelle Steiner

I assume that only paid members of the ADC will be able to download these
files.

-- Michelle

<http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/10/...a-build-10a531
6k-and-safari-6-developer-preview-at-wwdc/>

Apple Releasing iOS 6 Beta Build 10A5316k and Safari 6 Developer Preview at
WWDC?

A post [Google translation] from the staff of Chinese forum WeiPhone.com
claims to share a host of official Apple download links for tomorrow's
software releases. While the links are not currently active, they include
iOS 6 beta build 10A5316k for a variety of devices, as well as a developer
preview of Safari 6 for OS X Lion.

The accuracy of the claim can not be confirmed given that the links are not
yet pointing to the files, but clicking on the links does take users to an
error page stating "Your session has expired." Altering the URLs to
reference a different build number or making other changes yields an
"Access denied" error message, suggesting that there is indeed something
unique about the leaked URLs.

A similar list of links addressing last year's downloads also leaked out
just as Apple's WWDC 2011 keynote was getting underway.

Assuming that the list is accurate and complete as far as iOS 6 beta is
concerned, it appears that Apple will not be including support for the
original iPad in its next-generation operating system. In addition, Apple
appears to be dropping support for the third-generation iPod touch.

The full list of links includes:

Third-generation iPad
- Consumer: Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM), WiFi + Cellular (CDMA)
- Enterprise: Wi-Fi, WiFi + Cellular (GSM), WiFi + Cellular (CDMA)

iPad 2
- Consumer: Wi-Fi, WiFi + 3G (GSM), WiFi + 3G (CDMA), Revised Wi-Fi
- Enterprise: Wi-Fi, WiFi + 3G (GSM), WiFi + 3G (CDMA), Revised Wi-Fi

iPhone
- Consumer: 4S, 4 (GSM), 4 (CDMA), 3GS
- Enterprise: 4S, 4 (GSM), 4 (CDMA), 3GS

iPod touch
- Consumer: 4th Generation
- Enterprise: 4th Generation

Apple TV
- Consumer: 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation

Other iOS
- iOS 6 Beta Guide (PDF)
- Installing Apple TV Software (PDF)

Safari 6
- Consumer: - Safari 6 Developer Preview for Lion, Uninstaller

It is unclear whether the leaked list is intended to cover all of Apple's
software releases for tomorrow, but we would also expect a new build of OS
X Mountain Lion to appear as Apple moves closer to a public release.

--
"Cut the red wire (clip) (turn page) but first...."

--
Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

nospam

Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Assuming that the list is accurate and complete as far as iOS 6 beta is
> concerned, it appears that Apple will not be including support for the
> original iPad in its next-generation operating system. In addition, Apple
> appears to be dropping support for the third-generation iPod touch.

that seems strange since the iphone 4 has the same processor as the
original ipad and it's supported and the 3gs is also supported (which
it has to be since they're still selling it), which has the same 256
meg memory as the original ipad & an *older* processor.

Michelle Steiner

In article <100620120924221214%(E-Mail Removed)>,
nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Assuming that the list is accurate and complete as far as iOS 6 beta is
> > concerned, it appears that Apple will not be including support for the
> > original iPad in its next-generation operating system. In addition, Apple
> > appears to be dropping support for the third-generation iPod touch.

> that seems strange since the iphone 4 has the same processor as the
> original ipad and it's supported and the 3gs is also supported (which
> it has to be since they're still selling it), which has the same 256
> meg memory as the original ipad & an *older* processor.

If iOS 6 is released in conjunction with the iPhone 5 (or whatever they
call it), there's a chance that the 3GS will be dropped, the 4 then being
free (with contract), an the 4G selling for $99.

That still doesn't address your comments about the original iPad, though.

--
Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

nospam

Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > Assuming that the list is accurate and complete as far as iOS 6 beta is
> > > concerned, it appears that Apple will not be including support for the
> > > original iPad in its next-generation operating system. In addition, Apple
> > > appears to be dropping support for the third-generation iPod touch.

> > that seems strange since the iphone 4 has the same processor as the
> > original ipad and it's supported and the 3gs is also supported (which
> > it has to be since they're still selling it), which has the same 256
> > meg memory as the original ipad & an *older* processor.

> If iOS 6 is released in conjunction with the iPhone 5 (or whatever they
> call it), there's a chance that the 3GS will be dropped, the 4 then being
> free (with contract), an the 4G selling for $99.

more than a chance. it's pretty much a given. the 3gs is a 3 year old
phone! also, you mean iphone 4s, not 4g.

> That still doesn't address your comments about the original iPad, though.

the only thing i can think of is that doesn't have enough memory,
assuming it's true.

the original ipad has 256 meg memory with a 1024x768 display, while the
3gs has the same 256 meg but a 480x320 display. the ipad 2 and iphone 4
have 512 meg and the new ipad has 1 gig of memory for its 2048x1536
retina display.

even without ios 6, 256 meg was not really enough for an original ipad.

Michelle Steiner

In article <100620121015576907%(E-Mail Removed)>,
nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > If iOS 6 is released in conjunction with the iPhone 5 (or whatever
> > they call it), there's a chance that the 3GS will be dropped, the 4
> > then being free (with contract), an the 4G selling for $99.

> more than a chance. it's pretty much a given. the 3gs is a 3 year old
> phone!

I was being cautious.

> also, you mean iphone 4s, not 4g.

True.

> > That still doesn't address your comments about the original iPad,
> > though.

> the only thing i can think of is that doesn't have enough memory,
> assuming it's true.
>
> the original ipad has 256 meg memory with a 1024x768 display, while the
> 3gs has the same 256 meg but a 480x320 display. the ipad 2 and iphone 4
> have 512 meg and the new ipad has 1 gig of memory for its 2048x1536
> retina display.

That's pretty much along the lines of where my thoughts were headed.

--
Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

JF Mezei

One needs to be careful here. The 3gs is not free. It still costs
plenty. But north american carriers use binding contracts to offer it
for free to consumers.

But this practice is not used everywhere in the world. So the 3gs may be
a nice device to offer at an affordable price in such countries where
carriers do not subsidize handsets that much or where most are on
prepaid plans.

Re: WWDC Next Week... David Empson Apple 1 06-04-2009 01:39 AM
WWDC 2006 QuickTime video strem *FeDe* Apple 0 08-18-2006 08:24 AM
WWDC -- MacBook Pro? Davoud Apple 83 08-11-2006 09:55 PM
Digg on WWDC rumors, Mac Pro, Tablet, iphone Liz Apple 2 08-04-2006 04:40 PM
Apple to switch from IBM to Intel -- to be announced Monday at WWDC James L. Ryan Apple 446 06-28-2005 05:05 AM