X40 replacement keys

Moccasin Joe

I'm missing three keys. Does anyone know where to get them?

Thanks in advance

Andy Cuffe

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:31:40 -0400, "Moccasin Joe"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm missing three keys. Does anyone know where to get them?
>
>Thanks in advance

I don't know about the X40, but many Thinkpads have keyboards made by
several different companies. Key caps from one won't fit another.
Andy Cuffe

(E-Mail Removed)

Tom Rutherford

"Andy Cuffe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:31:40 -0400, "Moccasin Joe"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I'm missing three keys. Does anyone know where to get them?
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >

> I don't know about the X40, but many Thinkpads have keyboards made by
> several different companies. Key caps from one won't fit another.

And, if the X40 is anything like the R51 that I have, even if you have the
keycap, you need three tiny hands, an electron microscope, and a civil
engineering degree to figure out how all of the pieces-parts go into
attaching the keycap to the keyboard and stay out of the way. Fortunately,
when I accidentally popped the cap off one of my keys, I was able to get a
warranty replacement for the keyboard.

"She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."
(Reply-To address may be anti-spammed.)

Angelo Campanella

Moccasin Joe wrote:
> I'm missing three keys. Does anyone know where to get them?

I sweated firecely for the better part of 2 months on that problem. I
fianlly solved it by thoroughly cleaning out the drawer under the TP, to
find it hiding in the bottom among trash. Lassie came home.

Angelo Campanella