on RedHat EL 4 and can monitor or just simple display physical disks status
- getting info from LSI controller. I wanna know of disk status. Any help
appreciated.

Rgrds,
m0rT1

--
//a.k.a Godsend

DoN. Nichols

On 2012-03-13, b14z3j 4n7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Looking for any tool, command, package which can be installed or compiled
> on RedHat EL 4 and can monitor or just simple display physical disks status
> - getting info from LSI controller. I wanna know of disk status. Any help
> appreciated.

Not sure whether it will will work on a LSI controller (hardware
RAID?), but what I use to monitor my disks is a package called
smartmontools. I had to download the source and compile it on Solaris
10, but I've just checked with an Ubuntu system, and it is available via
apt-get. Presumably something similar will work for RedHat.

Here is where you strt for getting the source.

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/smartmontools/>

It can be run from the command line, or can be set up in daemon
mode to send you e-mails when things start going bad.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: <(E-Mail Removed)> | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564