Dave

If I enable hyper-threading on this board (2 x 2.8 xeons) it crashes.
Disables runs really well. I have 2 x512k memory, not ECC. My question
is.The board supports ECC and non ECC, but does it need ECC to enable
Hyper-Threading?
Cheers,
Dave

Dave

Thanks for thr input. I tried the ECC memory, no different, My last resort
was to test the processors. I fitted one at a time and found one with the
problem. I would never have thought it would be possible.
Thanks again,
"Citizen Ed" <"Citizen Ed"> wrote in message
> Dave,
> I'm not sure about what's causing the problem. However, I'd recommend
> giving the Registered memory thing a shot. I've never had good luck
> running dual CPU systems with Non-ECC memory. Most boards require it
> for very good reason.
>
> Ed
>
> Dave wrote:
> > If I enable hyper-threading on this board (2 x 2.8 xeons) it crashes.
> > Disables runs really well. I have 2 x512k memory, not ECC. My question
> > is.The board supports ECC and non ECC, but does it need ECC to enable
> > Hyper-Threading?
> > Cheers,

Dave