Xbox 360 is 'better' than PS3. it has more RAM memory

something that most people seem to be overlooking when comparing
Playstation3 to Xbox 360
-- the Xbox 360 has more total RAM memory than PS3.

Xbox 360 has 522 MB RAM total: 512 MB + 10 MB EDRAM

Playstation3 has 512 MB total: 256 MB + 256 MB

this alone makes Xbox 360 better, as far as its hardware.

there are other areas where Xbox 360 seems totally superior to PS3, such as
memory bandwidth, thanks to that EDRAM, but looking at the amount of RAM
alone, I don't see how PS3 can be stronger than Xbox 360. RAM means more
than almost anything. more than nonsense Gflops numbers or other
theoretical specs. RAM amount is a hard, provable, solid measure. there
is no denying that Xbox 360 has more memory than PS3. Also, Xbox360's
GDDR3 memory is the same memory than PS3 uses on the GPU side of its memory.
The other half of PS3's memory, the Rambus XDR memory, is totally unproven
(like Cell) and could have HORRIBLE latency problems as Rambus has a history
of having bad latency issues with its RAM. it was true of the Nintendo64 and
the Playstation2 which both used Rambus DRAM.

how could Sony, who is claiming that PS3 is twice as powerful as Xbox360,
put LESS RAM memory into their console, than a supposedly weaker console?
does not make sense.

Paul Heslop

IF one of the systems is better than the other then those that buy it
will be happy, but you know and I know that none of this crap people
keep posting is going to make any difference to anyone who has a
like/dislike for a company and all it does is show certain people to
be obsessed with winning or being the best or my dad's bigger than
your dad. WHEN they come out buy the one you want and shut the bloody
hell up!!!!!!!!

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Jarle Hrafn Grindhaug

> how could Sony, who is claiming that PS3 is twice as powerful as Xbox360,
> put LESS RAM memory into their console, than a supposedly weaker console?
> does not make sense.

Do you really think 10mb more ram will make ANY difference?

..Jarle

Chris H.

People do this all the time, Paul. I remember back when I was 7 or 8 years
old and the friends around the neighborhood used to argue Ford vs. Chevy, or
even whether it should be Chevy vs. Ford. Or there shouldn't be any
comparison because (fill in a name) was so much better.

It is the competitive world. And that's why major league baseball started
the inter-league play with "rivals weekend" or whatever they're calling it.
Nothing better than bragging rights on something, even gaming consoles,
whereas other "normal" people might think Cal vs. Stanford, Arizona vs.
Arizona State or Notre Dame vs. USC is THE GAME. 8-)
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Paul Heslop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> IF one of the systems is better than the other then those that buy it
> will be happy, but you know and I know that none of this crap people
> keep posting is going to make any difference to anyone who has a
> like/dislike for a company and all it does is show certain people to
> be obsessed with winning or being the best or my dad's bigger than
> your dad. WHEN they come out buy the one you want and shut the bloody
> hell up!!!!!!!!
>
> --
> Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Per W.

<blazinglazer> skrev i melding news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> something that most people seem to be overlooking when comparing
> Playstation3 to Xbox 360
> -- the Xbox 360 has more total RAM memory than PS3.
>
> Xbox 360 has 522 MB RAM total: 512 MB + 10 MB EDRAM
>
> Playstation3 has 512 MB total: 256 MB + 256 MB
>

> this alone makes Xbox 360 better, as far as its hardware.

DORK.

/Per W.

Per W.

"Jarle Hrafn Grindhaug" <jarle@[nospamingfilter]spiderman.no> skrev i
melding news:429b0384$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> how could Sony, who is claiming that PS3 is twice as powerful as Xbox360,
>> put LESS RAM memory into their console, than a supposedly weaker console?
>> does not make sense.

> Do you really think 10mb more ram will make ANY difference?

Think the big difference it would has been if his father used a condome?

/Per W.

Xen*

"Jarle Hrafn Grindhaug" <jarle@[nospamingfilter]spiderman.no> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:429b0384$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> how could Sony, who is claiming that PS3 is twice as powerful as Xbox360,
>> put LESS RAM memory into their console, than a supposedly weaker console?
>> does not make sense.

> Do you really think 10mb more ram will make ANY difference?

sure if in this 10 MB the framebuffer fit and it was eDRAM witch a bandwitch
of 256 GB/s
this means Blending, Stencil Shadows, Anti Aliasing per free, as like all
the other operations on the framebuffer

the only AA in a more standard structure as is RSX, can cause a performance
hit between 35-60% on the final frame per seconds ratio

Xen*

<blazinglazer> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

PLEASE stop crossposting!

Paul Heslop

"Chris H." wrote:

> People do this all the time, Paul. I remember back when I was 7 or 8 years
> old and the friends around the neighborhood used to argue Ford vs. Chevy, or
> even whether it should be Chevy vs. Ford. Or there shouldn't be any
> comparison because (fill in a name) was so much better.
>
> It is the competitive world. And that's why major league baseball started
> the inter-league play with "rivals weekend" or whatever they're calling it.
> Nothing better than bragging rights on something, even gaming consoles,
> whereas other "normal" people might think Cal vs. Stanford, Arizona vs.
> Arizona State or Notre Dame vs. USC is THE GAME. 8-)
> --

I know, but they really seem to think that by posting some flame
against a certain company they can change our minds.

--

"Per W." wrote:

> "Jarle Hrafn Grindhaug" <jarle@[nospamingfilter]spiderman.no> skrev i
> melding news:429b0384$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >

> >> how could Sony, who is claiming that PS3 is twice as powerful as Xbox360,
> >> put LESS RAM memory into their console, than a supposedly weaker console?
> >> does not make sense.

> > Do you really think 10mb more ram will make ANY difference?

> Think the big difference it would has been if his father used a condome?
>
> /Per W.

oh, now I feel so sad... maybe he did and it burst?