Freddie

>Hi dudes,
>I recently tried to restore my pc using the three master discs and found

that I needed an xp boot disk.>A computer guru supplied me with a floppy
but it booted in DOS, and because I didn't know the command I was scuppered
to perform the re installation.> SOOOO ! I had to use an old windows
BOOTFLOP exe floppy (2002)
>This worked, but I found that I had to bin off SP2 cos it wouldn't allow me

to connect to the internet ??? (SP 2 was ok before !!)> The reason for the
restore in the first place was because I installed Norton Antivirus 2005
(that worked great :-)) )
>Then I put Go-Back on and that bolloxed everything up, at first it could be

disabled - then it couldn't and I thought I'd lost my pc, so needless to
say, Go - Back >has been binned !
>I may be able to run my i-Media 5066 trouble free on old files,but I would

prefer to have the XP files of course.
>Can anybody supply any DOS info.
>Cheers, icebreaker

Phil Salisbury

The Restore System feature that comes with the XP OS is all you need.

Freddie wrote:

> >Hi dudes,
> >I recently tried to restore my pc using the three master discs and found

> that I needed an xp boot disk.>A computer guru supplied me with a floppy
> but it booted in DOS, and because I didn't know the command I was scuppered
> to perform the re installation.> SOOOO ! I had to use an old windows
> BOOTFLOP exe floppy (2002)
> >This worked, but I found that I had to bin off SP2 cos it wouldn't allow me

> to connect to the internet ??? (SP 2 was ok before !!)> The reason for the
> restore in the first place was because I installed Norton Antivirus 2005
> (that worked great :-)) )
> >Then I put Go-Back on and that bolloxed everything up, at first it could be

> disabled - then it couldn't and I thought I'd lost my pc, so needless to
> say, Go - Back >has been binned !
> >I may be able to run my i-Media 5066 trouble free on old files,but I would

> prefer to have the XP files of course.
> >Can anybody supply any DOS info.
> >Cheers, icebreaker

Freddie

>Thanks for confirming that Go-Back really is tish.
>but what about booting with old floppys.
>also,is it possible to bin off P.Bell files altogether and
>install windows XP in a non proprietry capacity.

"Phil Salisbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

nothing but grief.