XP Media Center - Norton Internet Security

Mike

My buddy just bought a Dell 4700 XP Home PC. He attempted to play a CD.
Immediately MusicMatch Jukebox opened which interfered w/ Norton Internet
Security.
We want Media Center to be the default CD player. How can we do that? Can
we safely delete Music Match Jukebox?

Norton Internet Security is setup in Medium Security configuration, but
warning messages keep popping up.
The pop ups are annoying . How Can we configure to minimize the pop ups.

Mike

Monica

Yes you can safely delete MMJB. I'm sure you can also configure MC to be
the default player. You can configure Norton's to allow MMJB to always
disallow MMJB to access the Internet or to always allow and don't ask
anymore. You've got several options
Monica
> My buddy just bought a Dell 4700 XP Home PC. He attempted to play a CD.
> Immediately MusicMatch Jukebox opened which interfered w/ Norton Internet
> Security.
> We want Media Center to be the default CD player. How can we do that?
> Can we safely delete Music Match Jukebox?
>
> Norton Internet Security is setup in Medium Security configuration, but
> warning messages keep popping up.
> The pop ups are annoying . How Can we configure to minimize the pop ups.

Jeff

go into the properties or options for media player and look for a tab called
file types and you can check off the types of file you want media player be
the default player of.

-jeff