XP Pro HotKey utility for Vaio PCG-R505EL

GR

I have a PCG-R505EL which originally had XP Home that I've upgraded to XP
Pro. I also do not have the original recovery CDs. ALl works fine except I
need the HotKey utility. The support site for this model doesn't have the
extra utilities on it. I've downloaded the XP version of the Sony UI, shared
libs, and HotKey installers for similar models and tried them to no avail.
Everything installs OK but the HotKeys (e.g. Fn+F7) are unresponsive.

I've contacted Sony who said the recovery CDs are no longer available and
I'm SOL.

Anyone else had luck with this ?

Thanks

Quaoar

GR wrote:
> I have a PCG-R505EL which originally had XP Home that I've upgraded
> to XP Pro. I also do not have the original recovery CDs. ALl works
> fine except I need the HotKey utility. The support site for this
> model doesn't have the extra utilities on it. I've downloaded the XP
> version of the Sony UI, shared libs, and HotKey installers for
> similar models and tried them to no avail. Everything installs OK but
> the HotKeys (e.g. Fn+F7) are unresponsive.
>
> I've contacted Sony who said the recovery CDs are no longer available
> and I'm SOL.
>
> Anyone else had luck with this ?
>
> Thanks

Try the unofficial Sony Vaio support forum:
http://pub173.ezboard.com/bunofficialsony

Vaio Z505JS hotkey prob... pls help. Eric Laptops 1 05-07-2006 02:24 PM
Toshiba Hotkey Utility problem john smith Laptops 1 04-13-2006 01:28 AM
K8vSE Deluxe Hotkey? Shorecat600 Asus 2 11-13-2004 12:27 PM
Sony VAIO PCG-GRZ630 WinXP Hotkey not working.... JaeMasaki Laptops 2 01-03-2004 06:34 AM
Sony Vaio V505BX and similar models: a solution for retrieving original utilities! (Hotkey, sony utils, Powerpanel...) LcSdesign Laptops 0 10-30-2003 12:19 PM