XP reboots when loading d346bus.sys after installing ASUS A7N8X-X motherboard

gert

Config first:

Athlon 2600+ processor
ASUS A7N8X-X Motherboard
512 MB Elixir 400MHZ 184 pin RAM
Nvidia GeForce FX5700
Maxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM Harddrive

(Nice and simple eh?)

Problem:

After having problems with an inferior motherboard that couldn't
supply enough power to my Geforce fx5700, I switched the motherboard
for the ASUS and bought branded RAM (that passed the Windows Memory
Testing utility).
However, now everytime i try to boot my XP Proffessional version it
reboots at startup. When I choose it to startup in the safe mode it
stalls at loading the 'd346bus.sys' file and asks me if i want to
press "esc" to cancel loading it. When i press it or when i don't
either way it reboots. I tried repairing Windows using the recovery
console but nothing seems to work.
I have tried fiddling with the BIOS using different RAM speeds
(because i think the processor runs at 333 MHZ on the motherboard)
however nothing works.
The 'd346bus.sys' file seems to have something to do with virtual
drives in windows so i don't really see the logic here.

Can anyone help me out?

carl

(E-Mail Removed) (gert) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Config first:
>
> Athlon 2600+ processor
> ASUS A7N8X-X Motherboard
> 512 MB Elixir 400MHZ 184 pin RAM
> Nvidia GeForce FX5700
> Maxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM Harddrive
>
> (Nice and simple eh?)
>
> Problem:
>
> After having problems with an inferior motherboard that couldn't
> supply enough power to my Geforce fx5700, I switched the motherboard
> for the ASUS and bought branded RAM (that passed the Windows Memory
> Testing utility).
> However, now everytime i try to boot my XP Proffessional version it
> reboots at startup. When I choose it to startup in the safe mode it
> stalls at loading the 'd346bus.sys' file and asks me if i want to
> press "esc" to cancel loading it. When i press it or when i don't
> either way it reboots. I tried repairing Windows using the recovery
> console but nothing seems to work.
> I have tried fiddling with the BIOS using different RAM speeds
> (because i think the processor runs at 333 MHZ on the motherboard)
> however nothing works.
> The 'd346bus.sys' file seems to have something to do with virtual
> drives in windows so i don't really see the logic here.
>
> Can anyone help me out?

Did you reinstall winxp after changing out the motherboard? If thats
the problem you have to reinstall windows after the new
upgrade(motherboard).

j_lavrenz@yahoo.com

Here's a related thread. It seems like 'd346bus.sys' is a file used
by Daemon Tools virtual CD/DVD software. Do you use that? If so, try
uninstalling it. Of course if you can't boot up windows you might not
be able to do that. But hopefully this might point you in the right
direction.

http://www.osnn.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-2699.html

(E-Mail Removed) (gert) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Config first:
>
> Athlon 2600+ processor
> ASUS A7N8X-X Motherboard
> 512 MB Elixir 400MHZ 184 pin RAM
> Nvidia GeForce FX5700
> Maxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM Harddrive
>
> (Nice and simple eh?)
>
> Problem:
>
> After having problems with an inferior motherboard that couldn't
> supply enough power to my Geforce fx5700, I switched the motherboard
> for the ASUS and bought branded RAM (that passed the Windows Memory
> Testing utility).
> However, now everytime i try to boot my XP Proffessional version it
> reboots at startup. When I choose it to startup in the safe mode it
> stalls at loading the 'd346bus.sys' file and asks me if i want to
> press "esc" to cancel loading it. When i press it or when i don't
> either way it reboots. I tried repairing Windows using the recovery
> console but nothing seems to work.
> I have tried fiddling with the BIOS using different RAM speeds
> (because i think the processor runs at 333 MHZ on the motherboard)
> however nothing works.
> The 'd346bus.sys' file seems to have something to do with virtual
> drives in windows so i don't really see the logic here.
>
> Can anyone help me out?

gert

You're right, I do have Daemon tools installed but I tried booting my
other installation of XP that does not have Daemon tools and it
doesn't come any further in the bootsequence. So I'm not sure whether
this is going to work. Of course I also can't run the uninstall
because I won't boot.

Gert