Ray

I am in the process of looking for a amd xp2400+ processor and need some
advice. What is the difference between the Barton and the Thoroughbred?
I see the Barton has 512K and Thoroughbred is 256K. The Barton shows
1.93ghz and other is 2.0 ghz. Both are close in price. I am a novice
at this and would appreciate any help. thanks, Ray

Wes Newell

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:56:40 -0500, Ray wrote:

> I am in the process of looking for a amd xp2400+ processor and need some
> advice. What is the difference between the Barton and the Thoroughbred?
> I see the Barton has 512K and Thoroughbred is 256K.

That's the difference. And of course all Bartons have a default FSB of
166MHz.

> The Barton shows 1.93ghz and other is 2.0 ghz. Both are close in price.
> I am a novice at this and would appreciate any help. thanks, Ray

Well, somethings wrong with this picture, the 2500+ Bartons default speed
is 1833MHz (11x166) so one at 1930 would be considered a 2600+ (11.5x166).
Maybe you meant a 2500+ and mistyped.

Chogaire

"Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am in the process of looking for a amd xp2400+ processor and need some
> advice. What is the difference between the Barton and the Thoroughbred?
> I see the Barton has 512K and Thoroughbred is 256K. The Barton shows
> 1.93ghz and other is 2.0 ghz. Both are close in price. I am a novice
> at this and would appreciate any help. thanks, Ray

These AMD Athlon XP Barton processors have slightly slower clock speeds than
similar rating Thoroughbred Athlon XP processors because the Barton
processor gives better performance for clock speed.

Regards.