year of Latitude pp01x

s.v.nielsen

Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?

--
Kind ragards
Søren Videbæk Nielsen

Tom Scales

I don't believe there ever was a pp01x. It must have some other number

"s.v.nielsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:456768ec$0$20314$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?
>
> --
> Kind ragards
> Søren Videbæk Nielsen

s.v.nielsen

Tom Scales wrote:
> I don't believe there ever was a pp01x. It must have some other number
>
> "s.v.nielsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:456768ec$0$20314$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>
>> Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?

Thanks for answering. Maybe it is the battery number I've got. I will
look into it more seriously.

--
Med venlig hilsen
Søren Videbæk Nielsen

HDRDTD

Just for grins, I looked up service tag pp01x......

the system that has service tag (not model..) is a..

Dell Optiplex GX1L/600
Ship Date: 1/5/1999
Dell IBU: Europe

It's a PII-350Mhz
64meg ECC SDRAM
6.4 GB Hard drive
etc...

"Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:A9K9h.10367$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I don't believe there ever was a pp01x. It must have some other number
>
> "s.v.nielsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:456768ec$0$20314$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>> Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?
>>
>> --
>> Kind ragards
>> Søren Videbæk Nielsen

s.v.nielsen

s.v.nielsen wrote:
> Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?

I have seen the machine now! It is a Latitude C840. It dates back from
2001 or 2002?

--
Med venlig hilsen
Søren Videbæk Nielsen

Christopher Muto

it could well be the service tag number, but it may also be part of the
model number...
there are newer latitudes such as the pentium iv latitude c810 that also
carried the model pp01x designation and even an inspiron 8100 and 8200 that
share that designation. perhaps this number has to do with the chassis and
therefore the compatible removable optical drive, floppy drive, zip drive,
battery, etc. but i think the op should take a closer look at the machine in
question to find the model number printer on it, the system tag number, the
express service code number, or just enter the bios (likely by pressing f2
during post) to see what system model and tag number is detailed in there.

"HDRDTD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just for grins, I looked up service tag pp01x......
>
> the system that has service tag (not model..) is a..
>
> Dell Optiplex GX1L/600
> Ship Date: 1/5/1999
> Dell IBU: Europe
>
> It's a PII-350Mhz
> 64meg ECC SDRAM
> 6.4 GB Hard drive
> etc...
>

> "Tom Scales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:A9K9h.10367$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>I don't believe there ever was a pp01x. It must have some other number
>>
>> "s.v.nielsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:456768ec$0$20314$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>>> Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kind ragards
>>> Søren Videbæk Nielsen

Christopher Muto

afaik dell started selling the latitude c840 in the second quarter of 2002.
as i suggested earlier, look for the system tag number on the bottom of the
machine or by entering the bios where it is also listed (f2 during boot).
report that number here for us to look it up for you or visit
support.dell.com to determine exactly when your particular system was made
and its original configuration.

"s.v.nielsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45688202$0$12666$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> s.v.nielsen wrote:
>> Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?
>>

> I have seen the machine now! It is a Latitude C840. It dates back from
> 2001 or 2002?
>
> --
> Med venlig hilsen
> Søren Videbæk Nielsen

s.v.nielsen

Christopher Muto wrote:
> afaik dell started selling the latitude c840 in the second quarter of 2002.
> as i suggested earlier, look for the system tag number on the bottom of the
> machine or by entering the bios where it is also listed (f2 during boot).
> report that number here for us to look it up for you or visit
> support.dell.com to determine exactly when your particular system was made
> and its original configuration.

I am very happy with your answer :-) Second quarter of 2002 is more
than good enough for me, so thanks a lot :-)

--
Med venlig hilsen
Søren Videbæk Nielsen

Eugene

s.v.nielsen wrote:

> Tom Scales wrote:
>> I don't believe there ever was a pp01x. It must have some other number
>>
>> "s.v.nielsen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:456768ec$0$20314$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>>
>>> Is there anybody who can tell me how old Latitude pp01x is?
>>>

> Thanks for answering. Maybe it is the battery number I've got. I will
> look into it more seriously.

There are two model numbers for each system. The name/model number which
appears on the outside such as latitude C810 and another model number which
appears on the sticker on the bottom. For example my C400 is a PP03L.