Not Really Me

Have a need for a piece of history?

I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows
single stepping
w/pod, user manual and carry case.

Make an offer. email below.

scott
validated software
com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5576 (20101029) __________

http://www.eset.com

Chris H

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Not Really Me <scott@valid
atedQWERTYsoftware.XYZZY.com> writes
>Have a need for a piece of history?
>
>I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows
>single stepping
>w/pod, user manual and carry case.
>
>Make an offer. email below.
>
>scott
>validated software
>com

I am interested. Where in the world are you?

D Yuniskis

Not Really Me wrote:
> Have a need for a piece of history?
>
> I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows
> single stepping w/pod, user manual and carry case.

Ha! These were capable little devices -- though no joy unless
used with the "hosted interface". IIRC, that only ran under CP/M
(though it may have been ported to DOS some time after I used it)?

Not Really Me

Not Really Me wrote:
> Have a need for a piece of history?
>
> I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static,
> allows single stepping
> w/pod, user manual and carry case.
>
> Make an offer. email below.

com dot validatedsoftware at scott
Located in Boulder, CO. Can ship anywhere at your cost.

For all the hours I spent using this, I can't remember anything about
CPM/DOS software for it. Feels like there must have been for downloading
code though. I do not have any "floppies" in the case, just the unit,
manual and pod. All the 5.25 and 8" floppies are long gone. A web search
may turn something up.
I have an active offer, but see more inquiries here. Send direct email if
interested, sell decision on Monday 8-Nov.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5591 (20101104) __________

http://www.eset.com

Warren

Not Really Me expounded in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Not Really Me wrote:
>> Have a need for a piece of history?
>>
>> I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static,
>> allows single stepping
>> w/pod, user manual and carry case.
>>
>> Make an offer. email below.
>>

> com dot validatedsoftware at scott
> Located in Boulder, CO. Can ship anywhere at your cost.
>
> For all the hours I spent using this, I can't remember anything about
> CPM/DOS software for it. Feels like there must have been for
> downloading code though. I do not have any "floppies" in the case,
> just the unit, manual and pod. All the 5.25 and 8" floppies are long
> gone. ...

In the days just prior to the PC, was the Intertec Superbrain,
which ran a Z80 in C/PM. At the time, I was chomping at the bit
to get time on the thing (at work). Then it quietly disappeared
into some executive's home and was never seen again.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Superbrain.jp
( http://tinyurl.com/2a59ot6 )

In the early 90's I bought four of them for $20 at a flemarket, just
so I could fool around with them. Two were for parts, but I later
resold them all to someone else.

What I remember is that C/PM lacked any sense of date and
time. By that time, looking at date/time stamps of files
from my unix experience was ingrained. But there were none
to be found on the floppy disks. It was otherwise a cute
little system for its time.

Warren

Neil Cherry

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:56:10 -0700, D Yuniskis wrote:
> Not Really Me wrote:
>> Have a need for a piece of history?
>>
>> I have an Applied Microsystems EM-180B Z80 emulator. Fully static, allows
>> single stepping w/pod, user manual and carry case.

> Ha! These were capable little devices -- though no joy unless
> used with the "hosted interface". IIRC, that only ran under CP/M
> (though it may have been ported to DOS some time after I used it)?

I've got one and it works great without a PC, yes stand alone. I use a
hex file to download to the unit and then run it on a Z80-Starter
Kit. I picked it up from a collector (he gave it to me). I used the
6800 version during the 80's when I worked at an engineering firm. I
loved using those emulators when working on code in board under test.

BTW, it's not for sale.

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry (E-Mail Removed)
http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site