Zalman VF900 on an ATI X850XT AGP

Jeff

Any experiences of installing a Zalman VF900 (or other) on an ATI850XT AGP?
Any pitfalls I should be aware of before starting?

Jeff

"Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Any experiences of installing a Zalman VF900 (or other) on an ATI850XT
> AGP? Any pitfalls I should be aware of before starting?

Now I notice the thread below re: X800XT. Perhaps I should read before
posting.

JamesH

news:EOlBh.59042$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Any experiences of installing a Zalman VF900 (or other) on an ATI850XT
>> AGP? Any pitfalls I should be aware of before starting?

Only the price. I put an Artic Cooler 5 on a X800XL and went real easy. I
put the VF900 on my X1950 CF/XTX and no problems. Nice cooler and quiet too.
Only wish I could have plugged the fan into the video card rather than the
MB, then I could controll fan speed, but so far have not needed to do that.

> Now I notice the thread below re: X800XT. Perhaps I should read before
> posting.

Rob

Jeff wrote:
> "Jeff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Any experiences of installing a Zalman VF900 (or other) on an ATI850XT
>> AGP? Any pitfalls I should be aware of before starting?

> Now I notice the thread below re: X800XT. Perhaps I should read before
> posting.

Hey Jeff,

I think you are talking about my thread. The VF900 on the X800XT is
still running fine.

The temp difference while playing games is amazing. 30C lower!

The VF900 was super easy to install too. No height problems or anything.
Very nice design.

Also dead quiet; no more afterburner noise when the card gets warm. ;-)

Rob