What Zigbee hardware to use?

msr

Hello,

Someone here with Zigbee experience could provide me some suggestions o
what hardware (modules) to choose?
I'm looking for something tiny and easy to use.

Im thinking on the TI CC2530ZNP Mini Kit once I found many zigbee module
that are based on the CC2530 chip. The Zigbee Processor (ZNP) seem
interesting. However I don't know if it is really out-of-the-box or easy t
use. And not cheap compared to buy zigbee modules once I think I'll need t
buy more hardware (CC debugger + packet sniffer).
I'm planning to implement a network with 1 coordinator, 2 routers and
end-devices. Something like this:

.coordinator
...router
......end-device
......end-device
...router

Any suggestions are very welcomed.

---------------------------------------

JeGy

Hi,

I have good expirences with Digi modules.

Regards
Jens

"msr" <mario.ribas@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Someone here with Zigbee experience could provide me some suggestions on
> what hardware (modules) to choose?
> I'm looking for something tiny and easy to use.
>
> Im thinking on the TI CC2530ZNP Mini Kit once I found many zigbee modules
> that are based on the CC2530 chip. The Zigbee Processor (ZNP) seems
> interesting. However I don't know if it is really out-of-the-box or easy
> use. And not cheap compared to buy zigbee modules once I think I'll need
> buy more hardware (CC debugger + packet sniffer).
> I'm planning to implement a network with 1 coordinator, 2 routers and 2
> end-devices. Something like this:
>
> .coordinator
> ..router
> .....end-device
> .....end-device
> ..router
>
> Any suggestions are very welcomed.
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

1 Lucky Texan

On Oct 22, 6:25*pm, "msr" <mario.ribas@n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Someone here with Zigbee experience could provide me some suggestions on
> what hardware (modules) to choose?
> I'm looking for something tiny and easy to use.
>
> Im thinking on the TI CC2530ZNP Mini Kit once I found many zigbee modules
> that are based on the CC2530 chip. The Zigbee Processor (ZNP) seems
> interesting. However I don't know if it is really out-of-the-box or easy to
> use. And not cheap compared to buy zigbee modules once I think I'll need to
> buy more hardware (CC debugger + packet sniffer).
> I'm planning to implement a network with 1 coordinator, 2 routers and 2
> end-devices. Something like this:
>
> .coordinator
> ..router
> .....end-device
> .....end-device
> ..router
>
> Any suggestions are very welcomed. * * * *
>
> --------------------------------------- * * * *
> Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

I think the design is older but, this winsystems board;
http://www.winsystems.com/datasheets/PCM-ZIGBEE-DS.pdf , appears to
use a maxStream module. They were bought by Digi in 2006 so, I'd say
that's a good source as mentioned by JeGy.

Ulf Samuelsson

msr skrev 2011-10-23 01:25:
> Hello,
>
> Someone here with Zigbee experience could provide me some suggestions on
> what hardware (modules) to choose?
> I'm looking for something tiny and easy to use.
>
> Im thinking on the TI CC2530ZNP Mini Kit once I found many zigbee modules
> that are based on the CC2530 chip. The Zigbee Processor (ZNP) seems
> interesting. However I don't know if it is really out-of-the-box or easy to
> use. And not cheap compared to buy zigbee modules once I think I'll need to
> buy more hardware (CC debugger + packet sniffer).
> I'm planning to implement a network with 1 coordinator, 2 routers and 2
> end-devices. Something like this:
>
> .coordinator
> ..router
> .....end-device
> .....end-device
> ..router
>
> Any suggestions are very welcomed.
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted through http://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

USB Sticks
http://www.dresden-elektronik.de/shop/cat4_33.html

Modules:
http://www.dresden-elektronik.de/shop/cat4_32.html

You will find that the ATmega128RFA1 has a lot lower
power consumption than the CC2530 solution
and slightly better link budget, which maps out
to better range.

BR
Ulf Samuelsson

zigbee stacks myren, lord Embedded 9 10-19-2004 09:55 AM
Does EVERY device with a wireless transceiver (e.g. Zigbee) need FCC approval? Mike V. Embedded 21 10-18-2004 06:56 PM
Zigbee: Is it really that cheap? Mike V. Embedded 1 08-05-2004 02:44 PM
intel.microprocessors.pentium, comp.sys.intel, comp.hardware, alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, alt.comp.mainboards.abit J Higbee Intel 3 06-24-2004 03:03 PM
intel.microprocessors.pentium, comp.sys.intel, comp.hardware, alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, alt.comp.mainboards.abit J Higbee Hardware 3 06-24-2004 03:03 PM