    Tyan tech support seems to be non existant, sending them email is like
    shouting into a black hole.

    So.... anyone have any thoughts?

    jfizer, Sep 10, 2006

  2. jfizer

    ah Guest

    Dunno (using a S2877, here).

    Try over at http://www.k8we.com/ or
    http://forums.2cpu.com/showthread.php?t=56975&highlight=2895

    ah, Sep 11, 2006

  3. Sounds to me like you need a new battery.

    Martin

    Martin Shoemaker, Sep 11, 2006
  4. jfizer

    jfizer Guest

    It is a new battery, tested it with a volt meter and everything.

    I've moved the motherboard from the case. Running it on an antistatic
    mat with just the video card (7800GTX PCI-E) and a SATA hard drive it
    only gives the 0251 error about one time in ten. However if I hook up a
    SATA DVD-R/W it goes back to erroring out every time the system is
    powered on.

    I'm stumped. I can live without the SATA DVD-R/W, but I once I setup my
    SCSI RAID I cant be needing to reset my CMOS configuration even once in
    ten boots.

    Tyan has not yet responded with anything other then a canned auto
    response. Going on week three now. Is Tyan no longer a good company?

    jfizer, Sep 12, 2006