    it freezes hard, black screen, must hold power button in to restart.

    Aargh!

    m-m

    M-M, Aug 11, 2004

  2. M-M

    huw.davies Guest

    I've been seeing random hangs which I initially thought were related
    to the screen saver but this afternoon I was working on another computer,
    heard the cooling fan start and it was hung hard but no screen saver.

    My laptop was rebuilt from scratch two weeks ago after the hard drive
    died (the laptop is about 13 months old) - still, it did prove that
    my backups really worked :)

    huw.davies, Aug 12, 2004

  3. M-M

    M-M Guest

    I think reset-all from Open Firmware solved it. I haven't had the crash
    since I did that.

    M-M, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Same here, but on 10.3.4. It suddenly started a couple of weeks ago,
    and it went away after a PRAM reset.

    Stefan Haller, Aug 15, 2004