    Leopard wonderful? Oh - and MT-NW 3.5.2 often looses all my subscribed
    groups - of course this only happened after upgrading to Leopard. Gotta
    love Apple.

    JZ, Nov 17, 2008

  2. Apple is responsible for a misbehavior in MT-NewsWatcher? Neat trick.
    Can't help but notice that there's a 3.5.3 beta. A 0.0.1 release
    typically means a bug fix. As in Simon noticed that there was something
    wrong in 3.5.2 and fixed it.

    And, no: I haven't noticed *your* page numbering problem.

    Gregory Weston, Nov 17, 2008

  3. JZ

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    The issue is with documents that number table of contents and index pages
    separately from the main body. For example, if there is a ten page table of
    contents preceding the main pages, that table of contents being numbered from
    i to x, then using Preview to go to page 50 will take you to what in the
    document is numbered as page 40.

    TaliesinSoft, Nov 17, 2008
  4. By any chance does the PDF document have pages before page 1, perhaps
    numbered i, ii, ii, etc.?

    I only see that when the PDF document has pages before "page 1" and the
    document isn't tagged to tell the reader software what the page numbers
    are. And I see the same behavior in both Preview and Adobe Reader.

    Here's a link to a document that's correctly tagged:

    <http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf>

    The first 6 pages are numbered i to vi, followed by pages 1 to 748.
    It's correctly tagged so if you "go to page 50", you'll get the page
    numbered 50. You can also type roman numerals to go to the first 6
    pages.

    Wayne C. Morris, Nov 18, 2008
  5. JZ

    Tim McNamara Guest

    I find that in Preview on 10.4, what James describes is how it works on
    screen when going to a specific page, but the Print command counts all
    the pages (e.g., i-g or i-vii end up being counted as pages, so to print
    page 64 I would have to "print from page 71 to 71" in order to print
    page 64).

    Tim McNamara, Nov 18, 2008
  6. And he says that 3.5.3 beta is specifically for Leopard.

    Michelle Steiner, Nov 18, 2008
  7. JZ

    JZ Guest

    Thanks. Good explanation. Its nice when issues are answered calmly
    instead of rabidly defensive arguments. :)

    JZ, Nov 18, 2008
  8. JZ

    JZ Guest

    Why yes! :)