    to buy a latest generation iPod touch next week, right?

    TIA,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Nov 8, 2013

  2. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Guest Guest

    the latest generation ipod touch comes with ios 7 and requires itunes
    11.1 or later, which will run on 10.6.8 or later.

    itunes 10 will also run on 10.6.8, but won't work for ios 7.

    Guest, Nov 8, 2013

  3. So I can keep OS X 10.6.8, but I must brave the horrible UI of iTunes
    11? Well, I guess I can live with that. I'm not keen on the idea, but oh
    well. Is iOS 7 worth it?

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Nov 8, 2013
  4. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Guest Guest

    you have no choice but ios 7 on a new device (unless you find a used
    one that's still on ios 6), but on the whole, ios 7 is a huge step
    forward.

    there are some minor annoyances like buttons with no borders or the
    stupidity of picking yellow as a tint colour for notes (yellow is the
    least legible colour, *not* what you want for a text app like notes),
    but overall it's much better.

    however, be sure to have a barf bag handy for what they did to app
    syncing in itunes 11. it is the absolute most horrible thing anyone
    could have come up with. it's basically unusable, it's that bad.

    Guest, Nov 8, 2013
  5. Why, what did they do to that?

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Nov 9, 2013
  6. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Guest Guest

    hard to explain and words can't convey how bad it is.

    <http://support.apple.com/library/APPLE/APPLECARE_ALLGEOS/Product_Help/e
    n_US/PUBLIC_USERS/PP203/S0056_SyncApps.png>

    on the positive side, ios 6 and earlier devices still use the old
    interface. only with ios 7 does itunes force you you into this idiocy.

    Guest, Nov 9, 2013