    Has anyone gotten any confirmation that moving from Quicktime Pro to
    Quicktime X when upgrading to Snow Leopard will not result in loss of
    any functionality ?

    JF Mezei, Aug 26, 2009

  2. JF Mezei

    Ian Gregory Guest

    I assumed that it would result in some loss of functionality - otherwise
    why would Apple have written the 10.6 installer in such a way as to
    install Quicktime 7 if it detects a Quicktime Pro registration key on
    the system?

    But then again, perhaps it has equivalent functionality but is different
    enough that people running Quicktime Pro would have to spend a bit of
    time working out how to do stuff in Quicktime X, and that the inclusion
    of Quicktime 7 for them is just to enable a smooth transition.

    All I know is that Quicktime X is supposed to have a lot more
    functionality than Quicktime 7 (non-Pro). I never bothered with
    Quicktime Pro but was glad when the ability to run full screen came to
    the non-Pro version.

    Ian

    Ian Gregory, Aug 26, 2009

  3. JF Mezei

    Daniel Cohen Guest

    I don'tknow, but from what I have read I understood that you could have
    both installed.

    Daniel Cohen, Aug 26, 2009
  4. JF Mezei

    J.J. O'Shea Guest

    No.

    J.J. O'Shea, Aug 26, 2009
  5. Quicktime Player 7 is an optional install, and both can be installed at
    the same time.

    Tor Einar Samdahl, Aug 26, 2009
  6. JF Mezei

    Ian Gregory Guest

    My guess is that most things that can be done in iMovie will be dropped
    in QuickTime X, it makes no sense for Apple to duplicate functionality.
    People who used Pro can either continue with Quicktime 7 or start using
    iMovie. On the other hand, QuickTime X includes some new functionality
    that was not even available in Pro - learn to embrace change:)

    Ian

    Ian Gregory, Aug 26, 2009
  7. JF Mezei

    Travis Lopes Guest

    The one bit of funcationality I noticed it lacks is the movie properties panel.
    You can no longer go in and change the brightness, contrast, volume, etc.

    It makes me think that there might actually be a Pro version coming out.

    Travis Lopes, Aug 27, 2009