1070 Presario Laptop-- Win 95 Clock starts and stops!?!

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Phil, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Hi all,

    I recently put my old laptop to a dedicated task rather than throw it
    away... but found that the clock won't run on time. It starts and stops and
    starts and stops (sometimes for long stretches of time).

    Before I tear it apart, I thought that I would ask if there was someone who
    could tell me if there is a battery that can be replaced (like in a desktop
    box) that might affect the clock? I have it on the table running as I type
    this, and it is continue to start and stop. I think it runs fine when the
    machine is turned off, because it doesn't lose much, if any, time while it
    is out of use.

    Home Base, Compaq Easy Access Buttons, Volume, and Touch Pad Enhancements
    are the only items in the system tray.

    Could power handling be causing this phenom?

    Well, anyway, thanks for looking.

    Phil

    Phil, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Just to let you know, I turned off power management and the problem has gone
    away...

    Phil, Jan 3, 2004