    (I want the CX4 interface, not fiber. Solaris driver
    support required)

    - Peter

    Peter Eriksson, Oct 30, 2008

  2. I'm not sure on the drivers, but you may want to look at:

    http://www.intel.com/Products/Server/Adapters/PRO-10GbE-CX4/PRO-10GbE-CX4-overview.htm

    The chipset is similar to the sun offered 10GBe card with optical ports
    based off a similar chipset:

    http://www.sun.com/products/networking/ethernet/10gigethernetintel/support.xml

    Intel had/has a good developer/evaluation program that might be worth
    checking out if you want to try out a costly card, and just send it back
    if it doesn't cut it for you.

    Cydrome Leader, Oct 30, 2008

  3. I've seen that one (and almost bought one), but as far as I can tell
    it isn't a low-profile variant, and thus won't fit in the X4500...

    - Peter

    Peter Eriksson, Oct 31, 2008
  4. Good point- that's card is a monster in size.

    It's really too bad nobody has tiny xenpak modules that take copper. I've
    read about super short distance 10GBe over cat6+, but never seen the
    modules, if they exist.

    The full sized xenpak transcievers, copper or fiber are huge monsters.
    That CX4 cable is like working with a serial cable from IBM from the
    1980s.

    Cydrome Leader, Oct 31, 2008
  5. http://www.myri.com/Myri-10G/NIC/10G-PCIE-8A-C.html

    I didn't know they made ethernet stuff- though it was all that infiniband
    clusting stuff.

    Cydrome Leader, Oct 31, 2008
  6. Peter Eriksson, Nov 3, 2008