    particular laptop? I've downloaded the ethernet package from IBM (for
    windows 98) but that's not taking me to far... Any help would be
    greatly appreciated.

    insane_x_2, Dec 3, 2003

  2. insane_x_2

    BillW Guest

    Are you sure you have an Ethernet minicard in the laptop? All i-series have
    the jack in the back but do not have the Ethernet card installed. Check the
    features on your machine as I am fairly sure the 11u doesn't have it....

    BillW, Dec 3, 2003

  3. insane_x_2

    insane_x_2 Guest

    It has an ethernet card in the back right beside the modem. I gather
    it should work baring I install the correct drivers... we'll just have
    to see though.

    insane_x_2, Dec 5, 2003
  4. insane_x_2

    JHEM Guest

    While the 11U has an RJ45 connector on the back of the machine, it's not
    connected to anything internally as that specific machine didn't come with
    an ethernet card installed, only a modem card.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Dec 6, 2003