    need for tv broadcast?
    Thanks,
    Monica

    Monica, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Monica

    Tom Scales Guest

    Monica,

    This card does nothing for watching TV. It allows you to display your
    computer ON your TV. At lousy resolution. I do, but only for playing shows
    I've recorded or DVDs.

    To watch TV, you need a TV tuner. I have three, as I like to be able to
    record multiple channels. One controls my cable box and the other two are
    on standard cable.

    My personal preference is the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR USB2 :

    http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvrusb2.html

    I use it in conjunction with Snapstream's BeyondTV:

    http://www.snapstream.com/products/beyondtv/

    Basically it is TIVO on my PC without monthly fees. Amazing power.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jul 24, 2005