    consumption or larger for high resolution display and better image?

    any of you have same experiance and how did you determine what to
    choose?

    krma-ggl, May 31, 2005

  2. I know the question is not directed at me, but I find the 1400x1050
    resolution to be very well suited for the 14" screen (haven't tried it
    on the 15, but 1600x1200 killed my eyes on 14).

    Nicholas Andrade, Jun 1, 2005

  3. krma-ggl

    * * Chas Guest

    Is there a difference in the overall size between the 14" & 15" T43P
    Thinkpads?

    My comments refer to overall size.

    It depends on what you want to use it for. If you're looking for a
    desktop replacement that you wont be moving around very much then go
    for the 15".

    If you plan on carrying it around a lot, go for a smaller laptop. A
    lot of 15" laptops are as big (and weigh as much) as a brief case!

    Another issue, if you plan on using it on a plane definitely go for a
    smaller laptop. When the person in the seat in front of you, reclines
    their seat, it can break a large screen.

    Chas.

    * * Chas, Jun 1, 2005
  4. krma-ggl

    krma-ggl Guest

    yes, there is slight difference in overall size between the models.
    just enough to make carrying unpleasant. the weight reaches 3kg on 15"
    and battery lasts about half an hour less.

    i was thinking about buying a 14" and external monitor. so i would be
    able to take the notebook around and have good screen space on the
    external.

    i just want to hear as much as advice i can so i wont make wrong
    decision.

    matija

    krma-ggl, Jun 1, 2005
  5. krma-ggl

    * * Chas Guest

    Dobar dan, kako ste?

    From 2000 until last August I was traveling around the US on business
    2-3 weeks a month. I luged around a T20 most of that time. I found
    that I rarely used it in a manner where I needed the 14" screen. I
    ended up using an old PIII 500 240x with a 10 1/2" screen most of the
    time. On planes, I never had to worry about the person sitting in
    front of me unexpectedly reclining their seat.

    I eventually bought an X31 with a 12 1/2" screen although I still use
    my 240x daily to bang around in my car. If the heat or shock gets to
    it I have a spare.

    If you are considering an External monitor, you might want to look at
    the smaller TPs.

    I've worked with a small laptop hooked up to an external monitor,
    keyboard & mouse many times. If you do it a lot get a port replicator
    or base to avoid having to always connect and disconnect the
    peripheral components.

    Dovidenja! / Na svidenje

    Carol Colari

    * * Chas, Jun 2, 2005
  6. krma-ggl

    krma-ggl Guest

    dober dan.

    how come that you know slovenian and croatian phrases?

    thanks for the advice. i decided to buy 14" t43p and i will use it with
    external periphs. i alread ordered it and should ship in 4 weeks. will
    let you know if i will be satisfied.

    nasvidenje in lep pozdrav,
    matija

    krma-ggl, Jun 6, 2005
  7. I believe previous ThinkPads, that had an option of a14 or 15" LCD,
    merely used a wider bezel around the screen on the 14's. I would find
    it really hard to believe that there is any physical size difference of
    the machine itself when a 50 cent piece of plastic has filled the bill
    for quite some time.

    KC

    artistncalifornia, Jun 6, 2005
  8. krma-ggl

    JHEM Guest

    Ah, further proof that when one doesn't know WTH one is talking about it's
    best to keep it to yourself.

    JHEM, Jun 6, 2005
  9. krma-ggl

    krma-ggl Guest

    i dont know what did you mean but the fact is that dimensions of these
    models are different. 14" has depth of 26mm compared to 31mm of 15".
    and the weight which is main factor when considering laptop mobility
    differ for about half a kilo. you can check that on the official ibm
    site.

    www.ibm.com

    matija

    krma-ggl, Jun 6, 2005
  10. krma-ggl

    eM eL Guest

    My two cents:
    FlexView is a display to die for and it comes (presently) only in the 15" size and
    1600x1200 resolution. If you don't need it - go with the 1400x1050 14.1" screen - it
    is plenty big for most uses. I develop software and need as much screen real estate
    as possible to open & keep simultaneously visible on the screen many windows, so
    1600x1200 on a laptop is a godsend to me. The 14.1" model (T43 vs T43p) is a bit
    smaller and about a pound lighter - no biggie IMO even though I spend most of my time
    traveling.

    eM eL, Jun 20, 2005
  11. krma-ggl

    FD Guest

    I just purchased a 15 inch ThinkPad T series for my daughter.

    The width is 311 mm vs 325

    Depth 255 vs 268

    Weight 2.3272 kg vs 2.6032

    This is from the Lenovo web site.

    FD

    FD, Sep 7, 2005
  12. krma-ggl

    Phil Sherman Guest

    Monitor sizes are measured on the diagonal. 25.4mm/inch

    Phil Sherman

    Phil Sherman, Sep 9, 2005