1600+ Palomino L1 Bridges....Pain in the ARSE!!!

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Kai Robinson, May 20, 2004.

  1. Kai Robinson

    Kai Robinson Guest

    GRRR!!!

    I just wasted 3 hours trying to do this, my problems are as follows:

    1) my cat decided to be amusing and knock the whole pot of conductive laquer
    onto the floor, leaving me with none.
    2) the 1st bridge was successfully closed, but none of the other ones i did
    (4th ant 5th) would close, either because the dregs of the stuff i had was
    either non-conductive, or because the pads on that side were crap.
    3) My hands shook so much i ended up enlarging the pads on the GND side.

    Now the CPU still works fine - albeit still fscking locked, is there any way
    that enlarging the pads on the GND side could prevent me from unlocking
    this. It looks to me like the whole top row is all connected, so says the
    multimeter at least - or have i scratched too far and permanently fscked
    it?

    I've got a super-locked Barton 2500 coming in a week, so i'm not too worried
    about killing this one, but i would like to get it unlocked - its running
    fine at 1604Mhz but my PC2100/PC2700 mixed setup and the PCI bus cant handle
    it really - after a long day, bluescreens rear their ugly heads.

    Kai Robinson, May 20, 2004

  2. Kai Robinson

    Kai Robinson Guest

    Can no-one help??

    Kai Robinson, May 23, 2004

  3. Kai Robinson

    Wes Newell Guest

    The 1600+ has a default multiplier of 10.5. Unlocking the XP is a pita. I
    just changed the default multiplier on mine and left it locked. Changing
    from 10.5 to 12.5 only reruires closing L4-1&2, and opening L4-3&4.
    Opening the bridges are easy. It's closing them that's a pita. Changing to
    12.5 you could draw a conductive circle for L4-1 and only have to worry
    about filling in the pit on L4-2 and drawing across it, which is the most
    diffifcult part. Now if you've shorted out any the the L1 bridges, you
    need to fix them first.

    Wes Newell, May 24, 2004
  4. Kai Robinson

    Kai Robinson Guest

    All i want to do, is change the multiplier to 11x - no higher!!

    Kai Robinson, May 24, 2004
  5. Kai Robinson

    Wes Newell Guest

    Then you would need to do the exact same thing for the L3 bridges too.
    Twice the work.

    Wes Newell, May 24, 2004
  6. Kai Robinson

    Wes Newell Guest

    Wes Newell, May 24, 2004
  7. Kai Robinson

    LBJGH Guest

    You first have to fill the laser cut with super glue, then paint all L1's
    with conductive compound. It's easiest if you tape off each bridge as you
    paint 'em. Be careful not to get the conductive paint on any of the
    lettering or triangles as they are ground and will screw-up the unlock.

    Here is a pic on my old 1600+
    http://members.rogers.com/5555/1600.jpg

    LBJGH, May 24, 2004
  8. Kai Robinson

    Kai Robinson Guest

    Thats exactly what i've done - i know the process, but i was asking if i've
    fscked it up thanks to enlarging the area around the pads.

    Kai Robinson, May 24, 2004