16GB maximum memory for blade 2500?

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Xiaoxiang, Apr 10, 2004.

  1. Xiaoxiang

    Xiaoxiang Guest

    From sun's web, I found that the maximum memory for blade 2500 is 8GB by
    applying 1GB to every memory slot. But on www.crucial.com, there is 2GB
    memory with part number CT360024 and it's for blade 2500. That means we
    can have 16GB maximum memory for blade 2500, right?

    I just wonder how the compatibility of this 2GB memory is? Does it
    work well with blade 2500? Anybody has experiences with it?

    Thanks,

    Xiaoxiang

    Xiaoxiang, Apr 10, 2004

  2. (Xiaoxiang) wrote in message
    With a two processor SB2500, you should be able to stuff 16 GB worth
    of the Crucial 2GB DIMM's - I would assume that Crucial has tested the
    parts in the SB2500 or is very confident that they will work. Getting
    support from Sun would be another issue.

    The SB2500 should max out at 32 GB when the 4 GB DIMM's are available.

    -Erik

    Erik Magnuson, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Xiaoxiang

    Xiaoxiang Guest

    Erik, thanks for the reply. Don't know if anybody has really maxed blade
    2500 out at 16 GB?

    Xiaoxiang

    Xiaoxiang, Apr 12, 2004
  4. Xiaoxiang

    Chris Morgan Guest

    Someone lend me the ram, I'll try it...
    --
    Chris Morgan
    "Post posting of policy changes by the boss will result in

    - anonymous correspondent

    Chris Morgan, Apr 12, 2004