    CZ Guest

    Does the 1704FPT monitor come with either video cable?

    TIA

    CZ, Jun 28, 2005

  2. CZ

    Pen Guest

    It comes with both DVI and VGA cables.

    Pen, Jun 28, 2005

  3. CZ

    CZ Guest

    It comes with both DVI and VGA cables.

    Pen:

    Thanks for the quick response.

    Dell is selling the monitor for about $245 US, which is a bargain.

    CZ, Jun 28, 2005
  4. CZ

    Pen Guest

    I'm using 4 of them. Love them,

    Pen, Jun 28, 2005
  5. CZ

    CZ Guest

    I'm using 4 of them. Love them,

    Pen:

    Which video cable are you using?

    For the average user is there a significant difference in display quality?

    TIA

    CZ, Jun 28, 2005
  6. CZ

    Pen Guest

    Mainly the VGA/Analog, but I think the DVI looks
    better than the Analog; there really isn't very
    much difference though. The Analog look great also
    so I haven't bothered to upgrade the video cards
    on the 4100s.

    Pen, Jun 28, 2005
  7. CZ

    Tom Scales Guest

    They're a great price for sure, but the best value in LCD right now is the
    Samsung 213T at $580.

    21.3"

    Stunning.

    Tom Scales, Jun 29, 2005
  8. CZ

    User N Guest

    IIRC, the reviews I've come across were pretty darn good. But I
    seem to recall a 25ms response time and reports of borderline
    performance for gaming, which would be an issue for some people.

    FWIW, coupons came out earlier today (not sure if they are still
    working, google). After just the % off and stackable $ off $$, the
    16ms 2001fp was $464 and the 12ms 1704FPT was $200. At
    times there has been even slightly better deals than that, but those
    a good numbers to shoot for. Possible tax though <grrrrr>.

    User N, Jun 29, 2005
  9. CZ

    Tom Scales Guest

    I don't game on it, so that may be true, although I do watch TV on it and it
    doesn't smear. Everyone needs to assess their own needs, of course, but
    there's something about 21.3" diagonally .....

    Makes the 17" on my Inspiron 9300 seem tiny!

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Jun 29, 2005
  10. CZ

    User N Guest

    Well what does it work out to be... an increase of over 50%
    in display area? That is a huge difference :)

    User N, Jun 30, 2005
  11. CZ

    Nobody Guest

    What is the 1704FPT like for image and colour quality?

    I've got a Dell Ultrasharp 17" CRT at the moment (which I think is actually
    a Sony Trinitron?) and want to replace it with an LCD to reclaim some desk
    space. I'm an occasional gamer, so the 12ms response time has made me look
    at the 1704FPT rather than the FPV, but I'm aware that this is a 6 bit
    monitor and there is some compromise on colour.

    I don't do much image editing, but do like to view my digital photos on the
    PC. Am I likely to notice much of a drop in quality?

    Nobody, Jul 1, 2005