    the box plugged it in and it booted fine. I don't see anything wrong but
    could I have caused damage that will bite me later, like overheating the
    card because of this? Thanks.

    windyvoice, May 26, 2009

  2. windyvoice

    Dr. Who Guest

    No.

    Dr. Who, May 26, 2009

  3. windyvoice

    windyvoice Guest

    Appreciate it. I'm used to the older cards. These newfangled ones
    frighten me. The last computer I built was in 2002. Just got a new one
    last year. New tech is so delicate, the old stuff you could throw across
    the room and the use. Thanks.

    windyvoice, May 26, 2009
  4. windyvoice

    Dr. Who Guest

    I think we have all made the same mistake at least once. I know I have. Some
    video cards send a message to your monitor during boot up that you need to
    connect the power connector if you forget. During normal operation the card
    doesn't need as much power, it's when you play a 3D game that it ramps up
    the speed and needs the extra juice.

    Dr. Who, May 27, 2009