1GB + 512MB = 1GB??? Help Please! nforce3-a939

Discussion in 'ECS' started by andyarchitect, Jul 5, 2009.

  1. andyarchitect

    andyarchitect

    I just tried to replace one of my 512mb sticks of memory with a 1gb stick but only 1gb of memory is detected in total instead of the 1.5gb that is installed. I ran the Crucial memory scanner and it says i only have 512mb in each slot. I then removed the other 512mb stick and ran the scan again and it tells me correctly that i have 1gb in 1 slot.

    Why does half my 1gb stick disapear? Help! Thanks

    Memory
    (old) Kingston KVR333X64C25/512
    (old) Kingston KVR400X64C3/512
    (new) Kingston KVR333X64C25/1G