    I'd like to know what's the 2.5V purpose: PCI, RAM,processor,...? could
    this high value explain the processor temperature?

    Thx for ur help

    Elouan Le Bretton, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Hi,
    I have the same effecton my KT7A with an Athlon 1000 C (FSB 133), but got
    the info, that there is no 2.5 voltage on this board. The VIA HW Monitor is
    the only tool (I know), which is confusing the user with this Voltage.
    After having changed the cooler, I have now 45°C in idle, and up to 51°C
    when I run Sandra SiSoft CPU+MEM Tests for some hours (burn in wizard). With
    my first cooler, temperature raised up to 62°C, but system was alway stable
    and running day and night. My FSB is a little bit overclocked (140 instead
    of 133MHz) the rest of Soft Menu Bios is set to default.

    I hope this helps,
    Uli

    Ulrich Clement, Oct 29, 2003

  3. thanks a lot it did help.
    I might want to do some overclocking in the coming months (don't like te
    idea of buying new stuff)... Can I ask you what kind of cooling you used?
    I've just run a test with Prime95 and the processor went up to 60°. It's
    still stable and working fine, but before overclocking I'd like to lower
    this value like you did.

    Elouan Le Bretton, Oct 29, 2003