    that up with a AMD X2 3800 Cpu and 2 SATAII drive sin raid and i dont
    see a problem :)

    Need advice.

    Paul Mathews, Dec 1, 2005

  2. Paul Mathews

    deimos Guest

    This is misleading. A 6800 Ultra (and sometimes a GT) will outperform a
    6600GT SLI configuration. A 6600GT is a great value card, but hardly
    makes it worth the investment for an SLI setup. For the same money you
    can get a much faster single GPU.

    deimos, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Paul Mathews

    BillL Guest

    I concur. If its a choice between 2 x 6600 GT's and the 7800GT (and the
    latter choice doesn't stretch your budget much more than the former choice)
    go gor the 7800. FWIW I understand that a single 7800GT will, at least,
    equal the performance of 2 6800GT's in SLi mode.

    BillL, Dec 1, 2005
  4. Paul Mathews

    NightSky 421 Guest

    Get the 7800GT and then add another one later on when prices drop. You'll
    be further ahead both now and later on.

    NightSky 421, Dec 2, 2005