2 beeps on start up and no HDD LED on Front Panel not working - need help

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Gkenney, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. Gkenney

    Gkenney Guest

    Hi all,

    I just finished building a new rig based on a P4 3.2g and Asus P4C800 -E
    deluxe MB with 1g of memory (Kingston Hyper X).

    I've been working with the configuration for the last day or so and I
    finally decided to put my old Herc Game Theater sound card in (I was using
    the onboard audio).

    Now during the post I get two quick beeps (I seem to remember only getting
    one before). In the manual 2 beeps is a Parity Error. Not sure what that
    is? Where would I go to look for a problem?

    Also can seem to get the HDD led to work on the front panel. I've slipped
    the thing on and off a couple of times and the light still doesn't work. I'm
    pretty sure I've got it on the right connector.

    Any thoughts or help on these two issues?

    Gkenney, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Gkenney

    Dan Guest

    The beeps, you have two USB devices hooked up to your computer. ( One beep
    for each device ). With the HDD LED you probably do have it hooked up to the
    proper connector but you probably have it backwards, try flipping the
    connector over. ( writing on the connector down as opposed to up )

    Dan, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Gkenney

    Dan Guest

    Dan, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Gkenney

    Gkenney Guest

    Gkenney, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Gkenney

    Fiddler Guest

    It is not an HDD LED it's the IDE Led.
    There is no HDD Led,if so then it would not light up when a disk is in the
    CD Rom drive.

    Fiddler, Dec 25, 2003