2 GB modules for the Tyan Transport GX28

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Bram Bouwens, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. Bram Bouwens

    Bram Bouwens Guest

    Hi!

    We have here a Tyan Transport GX28 machine
    (type B2881G28U4H) with 2 AMD opteron 248 processors.
    It has already 8 GB, in the form of 4 modules of 2 GB
    (Kingston KVR400X72RC3A/2G). We'd like to add another
    4 or 8 GB.

    The Kingston website however says:
    Now I think this memory would work as DDR333 when DDR333's
    are installed next to it in the other bank.
    Is that correct?

    If zo there are several types that could be suitable:

    Crucial CT25672Y335
    Corsair CM74SD2048RLP-2700/S
    OCZ OCZ3332048SSER

    and maybe others. Any recommendations? Or will we find
    trouble anyway?

    Bram Bouwens
    Fredhopper

    Bram Bouwens, Aug 15, 2005